Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunger
Hunger
Oh no, hunger is coming because, apparently, all the food and fertilizer is made in Ukraine and Russia, or maybe not all but enough to create world famine.

So we have articles like this

Quote:Fears of a global food crisis are growing due to the shock of the war in Ukraine, climate change and rising inflation.
Last week, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres warned of "the specter of a global food shortage in the coming months" without urgent international action.

The U.N. estimates that in the past year, global food prices have risen by almost one third, fertilizer by more than half and oil prices by almost two thirds.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/23/110059213...-shortages

Or

Quote:World has just ten weeks' worth of wheat left after Ukraine war

The world has just 10 weeks' worth of wheat stockpiled after Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine disrupted supplies from the "breadbasket of Europe".

Russia and Ukraine account for around a quarter of the world’s wheat exports and the West fears Mr Putin is trying to weaponise food supplies. Russia is on track for a strong wheat harvest this year, cementing Mr Putin’s control over the staple grain as bad weather spoils production in Europe and the US.

Gro Intelligence chief executive Sara Menker warned global food supplies are being hit by a number of “extraordinary” challenges, including fertiliser shortages, climate disruptions and record low inventories of cooking oils and grains.

She told the UN’s Security Council: “Without substantial immediate and aggressive coordinated global actions, we stand the risk of an extraordinary amount of both human suffering and economic damage.

“This isn’t cyclical, this is seismic. It’s a once-in-a-generation occurrence that can dramatically reshape the geopolitical era.”

Western officials also fear the Russian president is deliberately trying to damage global food supplies by destroying equipment and stealing grain in Ukraine.

Earlier this week, Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey warned of “apocalyptic” food price rises as Ukraine struggles to export products.

https://archive.ph/lrOcR

So please, if you have a garden or a lawn sow some grains now so that it matures till the harvest time and you avoid being hungry. You know, like wheat or beans or soybeans, etc. And lock your pets when the hunger comes.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Hunger
Maybe we will have to eat the corn instead of wasting it making E15......
Facts:
Russia owns 20% of worldwide wheat exports.
Ukraine 10%

Rest is fear mongering....so far
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
More of a problem for those already in famine hoping for cheap grain to help with relief efforts.

https://reliefweb.int/report/ethiopia/fo...an%20funds.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
It's not just the war in ukraine. The global fertilizer shortage was caused by lean supply chain issues during the pandemic. I think I wrote about it and linked the articles back when it started It's still ongoing though they've largely resumed ops - there's a backlog and prices are up by increased demand. Then, ofc, people were already dealing with extreme hunger and starvation before that. A preexisting issue, exacerbated by the plague, further complicated by disruptions to two major grain exporters.

We won't feel that in the us..though, anymore than we felt it before. There are companies making a huge push to get out of the haber chain, though - not a bad investment at present - to say nothing of the future. We have no future so long as we eat oil that we purchase from despots plantations as they rattle a nuclear sabre and swallow their neighboring states.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!