Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melatonin
Melatonin
Who else takes melatonin on a regular basis? I take around 20 mg a day, and I don't really take it so I can fall asleep, it's just relaxing and that's what I like about it.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: Melatonin
20 mg is a lot! I have found that too little and too much can both be bad. Personally, I would try 5 mg, and if that doesn't work, try 10 mg. After that, see your doctor.
No need to take drugs to help me sleep, just a cool dark room
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(July 14, 2022 at 4:57 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: No need to take drugs to help me sleep, just a cool dark room

Coffee does it for me, when the weather's not too hot.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
For me, it's Alexa's "ambient fan noise".
3 mil. 20 mil just strikes me as potentially dangerous. Are you actively trying to OD? Because I can guarantee that there’s better drugs for that. And I’m not going to explain what they are.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 14, 2022 at 7:01 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: 3 mil. 20 mil just strikes me as potentially dangerous. Are you actively trying to OD? Because I can guarantee that there’s better drugs for that. And I’m not going to explain what they are.
There might be some mild addiction at play here.
(July 14, 2022 at 4:07 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Who else takes melatonin on a regular basis? I take around 20 mg a day, and I don't really take it so I can fall asleep, it's just relaxing and that's what I like about it.

Taking that much on a regular basis has a tendency to cause irregularities in your body's own cycle of melatonin production from what I read. You have shit for brains, probably literally.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 17, 2022 at 10:12 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(July 14, 2022 at 4:07 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Who else takes melatonin on a regular basis? I take around 20 mg a day, and I don't really take it so I can fall asleep, it's just relaxing and that's what I like about it.

Taking that much on a regular basis has a tendency to cause irregularities in your body's own cycle of melatonin production from what I read.  You have shit for brains, probably literally.
Nah, you've got shit for brains. Your first sentence isn't even true. Don't believe everything you read. You haven't taken enough melatonin to know what it does and does not do.
(July 17, 2022 at 10:26 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(July 17, 2022 at 10:12 am)Angrboda Wrote: Taking that much on a regular basis has a tendency to cause irregularities in your body's own cycle of melatonin production from what I read.  You have shit for brains, probably literally.
Nah, you've got shit for brains. Your first sentence isn't even true. Don't believe everything you read. You haven't taken enough melatonin to know what it does and does not do.

It's the dose that makes the poison.