Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Varivode Massacre
Varivode Massacre
So, in my latest YouTube video, I said:
Quote:Also, a question I would ask people advocating gun control is, if owning a gun is a privilege to be earned rather than an inalienable right, why do governments then deserve to have militaries? If having used marijuana is a proof you are too dangerous to own a gun, then Varivode Massacre in 1995 is a proof that the Croatian government is too dangerous to have a military, isn't it?
However, I am not entirely convinced it is reasonable to believe in Varivode Massacre. The basic principle of social sciences is to never doubt the statistics provided to by the governments. Well, according to English Wikipedia, the Croatian government first claimed nobody died in Varivode. Varivode was, according to English Wikipedia, at first dismissed as propaganda, and only later did Croatian government admit that it happened, but denied any involvement in it. I don't know what social scientists do when the government first denies some massacre happened, and only later admits it happened. Croatian Wikipedia has an article about Varivode, but it makes no mention of the massacre. Also, the name "Varivode" appears to be rather ironic. Why would somebody call a place "cooked meat" except to make a good story about a massacre? I was wondering what you guys here think.
RE: Varivode Massacre
...jesus christ...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I didn't do it!

Okay, I did, but not on my own.
Dying to live, living to die.
We have on our hands a person for whom every fact of any thing - no matter how trivial, somehow converges on the idea that horrible fucks didn't do horrible shit.

Impressive if you really think about it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: down%2Brabbit%2Bhole%2Bgif%2B.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Seems like Flatty is spending too much time on his computer and it's driving him crazy. Really, take a break from silicon machines and spend some time with biological ones because you're dabbing with conspiracies and ideas of killing your dad. Seriously, you seem burned out.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I have no idea other than what is in Wikipedia, which I have found to be a fantastic source. If you disagree with an article, then edit it!
He would, if it weren't for the conspiracy of linguists maintaining the farce of ethnic cleansing through the tool of historic place names.

It all makes too much sense, you see?

Over, above, and around that - imagine the irony if this cretin spent the last three years studying language so that he could use it for some doomed effort. Might have been happier as a plumber - or an electrician, iirc - but now he'll never know that joy. Any future effort to double back and do differently tinged with waste of past futility, frustration, and failure.
(July 29, 2022 at 1:52 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: So, in my latest YouTube video, I said:
Quote:Also, a question I would ask people advocating gun control is, if owning a gun is a privilege to be earned rather than an inalienable right, why do governments then deserve to have militaries? If having used marijuana is a proof you are too dangerous to own a gun, then Varivode Massacre in 1995 is a proof that the Croatian government is too dangerous to have a military, isn't it?
However, I am not entirely convinced it is reasonable to believe in Varivode Massacre. The basic principle of social sciences is to never doubt the statistics provided to by the governments. Well, according to English Wikipedia, the Croatian government first claimed nobody died in Varivode. Varivode was, according to English Wikipedia, at first dismissed as propaganda, and only later did Croatian government admit that it happened, but denied any involvement in it. I don't know what social scientists do when the government first denies some massacre happened, and only later admits it happened. Croatian Wikipedia has an article about Varivode, but it makes no mention of the massacre. Also, the name "Varivode" appears to be rather ironic. Why would somebody call a place "cooked meat" except to make a good story about a massacre? I was wondering what you guys here think.

You need professional help. Voluntarily commit yourself to an institution with no internet access.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
They won't admit him, but, still, immediate outpatient services are advisable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Today In History: The North King Street Massacre BrianSoddingBoru4 9 1188 April 28, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4