Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you have a mid-life crisis?
Did you have a mid-life crisis?
What was it like?

I was just wondering if I'm going to have one and how it's going to manifest.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Did you have a mid-life crisis?
Around 2003 or 2004 I bought an Eclipse. I was in my mid 40s and had been driving 'grocery go-getters' that would hold multiple kids for years. I only kept it a year but still get ribbed about it by my kids.

Other than that the only other thing would be my tattoos that I started getting when I was in my 30s - got my last in in my early 50s.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Yes, and, I "got religion", the worst mistake that I ever made in my life.
Midlife crisis is when you realize you are at the beginning of another half life wasted.
I'm 52 and still waiting for mine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Never had a midlife crisis.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm only 67, so still waiting (feeling about 18 between the ears though)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

When I was 40 I got involved with a woman who was 15 years younger than me and the sex was great; but she blew up my life, almost hooked me on drugs, and I kept coming back to her, not quitting her for good until three years later, in so much debt that I turned to the United Way to help me consolidate. Looking back, I wish I'd bought a convertible red sports car instead.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I'm not really sure. I have a hard time trying to distinguish my mid-life crisis from my young-adult crisis and senior crisis.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Was talking to an aunt of mine who is 71 - six years older than me a while back and she referred to something going on with her as being what happens to you in middle age. I said, "Damn, how long do you plan on living?" Her husband said basically the same thing in the background. She told both of us where we could stick it. LOL

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting to know you - do you have kids, etc. arewethereyet 39 2725 September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1016 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Can a mistake be so big, that the one who did will never have your respect again? Der/die AtheistIn 31 2027 February 18, 2019 at 12:10 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye