Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] What do you want out of life?
What do you want out of life?
I want to know what people here on AF want out of life. There are some characters on here; a lot of intelligent individuals and I'm interested to know what you guys/gals want out of life... Do you want a great career? A family and the white picket fence thing? A cabin in the woods where you don't have to ask anyone? Love?  Spirituality? Happiness?

Leave your ideas here, even if it's just vague concepts or very specific things.

I definitely want to feel fulfilled. I don't want children though I would like to get married one day (not legally but just to find someone to be together with forever). I love to write and would like to make a living doing that. I want to travel. I want to work for myself (which I sort of do right now). I want close friends. I'd like to be rich, but that's in stark contrast with the whole writing-for-a-living thing :Tongue

Beyond that... not much. I think I'm pretty simple.

How about you guys?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: What do you want out of life?
Not to die slowly, in great pain.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 10, 2019 at 10:36 pm)EgoDeath Wrote:  Do you want a great career? A family and the white picket fence thing? A cabin in the woods where you don't have to ask anyone? Love?  Spirituality? Happiness?
Yes.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
To end my great career and spend the rest of my days someplace warmer doing whatever I damn well please.
To not keep on being asked this same question?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Experiences, knowledge and All The Art There Is.
A decent sized catamaran. To have enough money to retire and travel the world.

And to take someone with me when I go.

Oh, and a Viking funeral.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 10, 2019 at 10:38 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Not to die slowly, in great pain.

Such desire requires the will to kill yourself most of the time.

What I want:

- To work doing what I like and contribute to it. More specifically, work as a researcher. Hopefully my work will inspire people.
- Live in Japan, and enjoy everything I can while young there.
- I want a good wife. Though this is difficult to find. Idk about kids yet. But I incline towards not having kids.
- Not getting too old. Around 65 is enough.
- To have the time and energy to spend time on hobbies such as drawing, writing, etc.
- The money to travel to many places of the world.
- A quick death.
Sex, good wife, children, weed be legal, be a librarian or archivist or curator, have money, live in a better country than today's USA, travel, death in sleep,
[Image: latest?cb=20100721025111]
(April 10, 2019 at 10:36 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I want to know what people here on AF want out of life.

No fucking idea any more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with depression when you're out of touch with your emotions? Porcupine 25 2258 July 22, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6481 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Work (they always want more) CarveTheFive 48 4410 December 23, 2018 at 8:07 am
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  What Guys Want outtathereligioncloset 30 1832 October 8, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  You guys want to do this? Foxaèr 32 3644 August 5, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  I want to believe kbultra 15 1059 July 9, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: warmdecember