Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is OK for Christians to write F Jesus but not an atheist!
Is OK for Christians to write F Jesus but not an atheist!
Mods if this is in the wrong section please move.

I just got threatened with being banned from a Hi Fi forum for daring to quote a Christian who wrote about wanting to rip the shirt off a young man who had a T-Shirt on that said F$$$ Jesus, he wrote the full word and in quoting him so did I.  He carried on to further write that he hoped the young man got a "kicking in the car park"Apparently when I wrote it then it was profanity, but not when he wrote it as the context should be taken into the account of what was written!

It also mattered that my user name was Baloo 666, I used this because the name Baloo was already in use and 666 is the first number that comes to mind with me.

Is this just blatant hypocrisy or am I being too sensitive?
RE: Is OK for Christians to write F Jesus but not an atheist!
Joke 'em if they can' t take a fuck.......
Apparently its all right to be a fucking Christian!
If jesus doesn't like it let him sort it out!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

If a forum bans you for posting honest discourse, then it's not worth belonging to in the first place.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Theists have officially abandoned the WWJD phase. Now they behave as vehemently as they erroneously think their savior would.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 23, 2022 at 7:13 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: If a forum bans you for posting honest discourse, then it's not worth belonging to in the first place.  Dodgy

2 things about that. 1. It is generally a good forum. 2. I am not going to be pushed around by a small group of religious nutters. There is a big show that everyone attends in October so I will be going there this year with a specially printed T-Shirt on!
(August 23, 2022 at 7:23 am)Tomato Wrote: Theists have officially abandoned the WWJD phase. Now they behave as vehemently as they erroneously think their savior would.

I agree some have but in the UK this sort of thing is very unusual, that is why I commented on it, definitely needs to be addressed. I would hate to see the UK becoming less tolerant. Cool
(August 23, 2022 at 7:33 am)Baloo Wrote:
(August 23, 2022 at 7:23 am)Tomato Wrote: Theists have officially abandoned the WWJD phase. Now they behave as vehemently as they erroneously think their savior would.

I agree some have but in the UK this sort of thing is very unusual, that is why I commented on it, definitely needs to be addressed. I would hate to see the UK becoming less tolerant. Cool

From what I've seen of the news lately, it appears the UK is attempting to become as conservatively ignorant as the US has become. Or am I confusing the EU with the UK?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
By the way you may wonder what has got the Christians on the HIFI forum so wound up, google St Austell, Earth Goddess and you can see the "offensive to God" statue!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Really Need to write this out. AkiraTheViking 17 1370 October 30, 2023 at 3:16 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666