Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey! im one of the few and proud latino post-theists
Wink 
hey! im one of the few and proud latino post-theists
hi,this is my story. i am from colombia (do not confuse with british colombia lol Big Grin ) i ws raised catholic until i was 14 (16 years from now) i had an youth friend who was also cahtolic, when she declared herself lesbian the local priest made horrible public fun of her in the mass, being the only on who supported her (and quite dissaponintd bcs i had a small crush on her) i looked up for a small protestant church that received gay, even tougth im straight i decded to start attnding with her to show my support, after a year they startd charging us a prayer tax, in that momet i was indignated and i started resarching, and i stopped being a submissd lamb to be a human with real free will not god fake freewill, my friend instead was lovely paying hr prayer tax hr story endend there shes still attending and giving moneny in that church, when i declared myself atheist i was kicked out of my house (i was 16 years then 2 years after the start of my journey to post-thism) i got mid time job payed rent to an uncle and finished high school, then i moved out to a bigger city, happy with a scholarship from the university i wanted to study laws, and i debate now and then with christians that sadly is all what i can find around my country, the reason of why caling my self post-theist, that by definition it the belief that religion is a stage we humans should have alrady bested, is simply to stop idiots who think atheism is a rligion to talk nonsense to me when they try to "save my soul"

now im partof the proud 0,5%of my country
RE: hey! im one of the few and proud latino post-theists
Hello, there. Welcome aboard.
RE: hey! im one of the few and proud latino post-theists
Benvenido, Amigo!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Few questions viocjit 6 1480 May 2, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hey Guys! AthianGuildmaster 4 1864 June 27, 2011 at 2:32 am
Last Post: Minimalist