Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omnipotence
Omnipotence
Judges 1:19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

[Image: fiygqq.c.2.jpg]
RE: Omnipotence
Iron chariot in 11th century BC would be something else….
(November 25, 2022 at 7:05 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Judges 1:19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

[Image: fiygqq.c.2.jpg]

Here’s the Catholic answer, handed to me in Sunday school: God is omnipotent, but sometimes, for reasons known only to Him, He chooses to behave as if He isn’t.

(Free translation: I don’t know. Shut up and sit down, kid.)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The LORD could have provided His People with the necessary heat-seeking shoulder-launched missiles, and they could have done the job themselves.
In my youth that was the name of my penis. Panic

Now it's "Dysfunctional". (in several ways)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 25, 2022 at 7:38 pm)Jehanne Wrote: The LORD could have provided His People with the necessary heat-seeking shoulder-launched missiles, and they could have done the job themselves.

‘And the Hittites DID build fires of great heat and causeth the heat seekers to misseth their target and the LORD was wroth and sayeth, “Well, fucketh.” ‘

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 25, 2022 at 7:34 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Iron chariot in 11th century BC would be something else….

My iron chariot is a 2017 'Stang.  God don't fuck with me.

[Image: 17352248_744075559102756_2722521525928830215_n.jpg]
[Image: 00_-_1976_amc_pacer_in_colorado_wrecking...martin.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omnipotence Lecture Neo-Scholastic 17 3701 April 16, 2013 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Godscreated