Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omnipotence Lecture
Omnipotence Lecture
The topic of omnipotence as discussed from a New Church perspective. It is a very long lecture, almost 50 minutes. (sorry)

Swedenborgian Lecture about Omnipotence

That said I find these lectures particularly enlightening. If you do take the time to watch it...maybe over lunch...I'm curious about your observations, not just about the content, but the delivery as well. The pastor has a quirky approach that I find entertaining.
RE: Omnipotence Lecture
Wait... so you practically berate a brand-new person because you "don't have time" to be his "personal Perti (sic) dish", but then expect a bunch of atheists to sit through a fifty minute sermon on their lunch break?

That seems a little odd, don't you think?
Go avay Chad. Dodgy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The invisible and the non existent look very similar. Yes I have 50 minutes to listen to the same parrot head arguments I've heard 1,000 times. I was going to watch it but I'd find paint drying more interesting.
(April 15, 2013 at 10:10 am)Brian37 Wrote: The invisible and the non existent look very similar. Yes I have 50 minutes to listen to the same parrot head arguments I've heard 1,000 times. I was going to watch it but I'd find paint drying more interesting.

More time than me darlin' Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hmm: watch this lecture, or write some more of my novel. Watch lecture... novel...

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm not going to do either. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
How's the novel going Esquilax?

Big Grin
I put it up for anyone that might be interested. That's a bit different from telling somebody they must watch something because it is relevant to your argument.
ok, I tried to listen to it... stopped when I noticed that it's all based on the bible... bla bla bible says this, bla bla...
It's like...

But this lecture is much much better! Tongue
(April 15, 2013 at 10:22 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: How's the novel going Esquilax?

Big Grin

Four chapters down, but writing is haaaaard... Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omnipotence LinuxGal 7 877 November 25, 2022 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: brewer