Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer illiterate
Computer illiterate
How can I, if it's even possible now, put a picture or photo in the square next to my name every time I visit the forum? I'm computer illiterate.
RE: Computer illiterate
Find a picture you want to use. Save it on your computer. Go to the top of the screen to your user CP (Control Panel) then on the far left look for 'Change Avatar'. Click on 'choose file' and select the picture you saved on your computer. Then hit 'Change Avatar'. The system will let you know if your picture is too big.

This is a question I can answer....you may notice I change my avatar every couple of days. LOL

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Choose something macabre?
Make sure you're abiding by the size limits -- 150x150 pixels, and 100kb.

Where are the pictures you get to choose from?
(May 23, 2023 at 6:14 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: Where are the pictures you get to choose from?

Pretty much anywhere you can find on the Internet.  Do you have an image in mind?  Perhaps one of us can help.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 23, 2023 at 6:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(May 23, 2023 at 6:14 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: Where are the pictures you get to choose from?

Pretty much anywhere you can find on the Internet.  Do you have an image in mind?  Perhaps one of us can help.

He may be referring to the fact you have to save the image you want to the computer and is not familiar with how to do that.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

I have hundreds of photos in my photo section. How would I move from there onto my avatar? Sorry, but I really am computer stupid.
(May 23, 2023 at 7:06 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: I have hundreds of photos in my photo section. How would I move from there onto my avatar? Sorry, but I really am computer stupid.

I have a folder on my computer with photos in it.  I click the change avatar and it will ask what folder on your PC.  Click on the pic you want, click open, then click the change avatar button.  If the system can, it will resize it or you will get a message that it's too large.

This is all going through user CP and then change avatar.

(May 23, 2023 at 7:06 pm)MR. Macabre 666 Wrote: I have hundreds of photos in my photo section. How would I move from there onto my avatar? Sorry, but I really am computer stupid.

Go to UCP, a little center-right underneath the forum banner.

After clicking on UCP, you will see on the far-left of your screen a list of options "change" [this-or-that], and one of those will be "change avatar". CLICK on that.

The screen will then ask you to upload a picture from your computer, or link it. The topmost feature, uploading from your computer, is what you want. Click on "choose file".

At that point your browser will ask what file (i.e. picture) you want. You will have to navigate your own stored pics at this point, and highlight the pic you want to use. Then select "open". Then select "change avatar".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My computer is stuck in mobile mode. Socratic Meth Head 1 1170 March 31, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla