Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's my story, sad but true
Here's my story, sad but true

Keep away from Sue
She goes around with other guys.
RE: Here's my story, sad but true
Fine performer, but a steaming great hypocrite, lyrically speaking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Great song
(August 10, 2023 at 1:04 pm)FrustratedFool Wrote: Great song

And yet performed by the same man who did a song boasting about having multiple girlfriends. Why is it OK for him to cat around, but not Sue?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's a song.

Not only is it an odd interpretation to take the narrator of one song to be the exact same narrator of another just because they're sung by the same artist, but it's weird to seek moral teaching from a pop song to begin with. And morality doesn't exist in any real sense anyway.

So, for me, it's a great song in that I subjectively enjoy the beat and melody, and find the lyrics catchy and conveying a clear, relatable story that illuminates the human condition.
There are songs I like because - It's got a great beat and you can dance to it - and there are other songs I like because of the lyrics...even if the singer isn't that great, a good story will draw me in.

Depends on my mood and the setting. Back when I used to go out to dance, I didn't care if they sang the alphabet or the table of elements if the music was good to dance to.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 10, 2023 at 1:13 pm)FrustratedFool Wrote: It's a song.  

Not only is it an odd interpretation to take the narrator of one song to be the exact same narrator of another just because they're sung by the same artist, but it's weird to seek moral teaching from a pop song to begin with.  And morality doesn't exist in any real sense anyway.

So, for me, it's a great song in that I subjectively enjoy the beat and melody, and find the lyrics catchy and conveying a clear, relatable story that illuminates the human condition.

I agree, mostly. I just like to wind up Winter. Wink

Boru
Lol 😀
Sorry if I came across rude.
(August 10, 2023 at 1:38 pm)FrustratedFool Wrote: Lol 😀
Sorry if I came across rude.

Nah, no worries.

Boru
(August 10, 2023 at 1:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fine performer, but a steaming great hypocrite, lyrically speaking.

Boru

I always think about "The Wanderer" as his healing conclusion from being a "doormat" for "Sue".

Obviously Sue is the dominatrix-kind of evil brat, just like this "pussycat" from Tom & Jerry:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True Detective on religion. Jehanne 2 785 September 4, 2022 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Betty White a "Password" story. Brian37 12 1276 October 11, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: no one
  One True God by the Austin Lounge Lizards. Jehanne 0 386 February 16, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Please Tell Me This Isn't True Minimalist 60 3432 December 11, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  This is Kind of Sad Minimalist 0 405 August 19, 2017 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  American Horror Story S06 Foxaèr 20 1840 October 8, 2016 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 25687 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
Heart The story of Sarah and Juan Catholic_Lady 5 793 April 29, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" teaser trailer released Aegon 20 2613 April 11, 2016 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  This story is being shared on Facebook, et al Easy Guns 27 4819 November 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns