Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Tell Me This Isn't True
Please Tell Me This Isn't True
Please.  Someone.

RE: Please Tell Me This Isn't True
(December 8, 2017 at 7:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Please.  Someone.

I agree with him. I get up early and go to bed early. I am not going to get along with night owls.
I have to clock in like, every day, by like, 7 AM. It is so fucking unreaaal.
I hate it. So mean.

It's like...this isn't even America, you know?
I'm retired, but, I'm usually up by 5 and in bed by 11.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I think it is pretty goddamned unreasonable to expect these young people to be up at the crack of noon.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2017 at 5:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think it is pretty goddamned unreasonable to expect these young people to be up at the crack of noon.

Boru

I'm with her. Mornings are a cruel invention.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 8, 2017 at 7:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am not going to get along with night owls.

You want a fight mate?

(December 9, 2017 at 1:00 am)c172 Wrote: I'm retired, but, I'm usually up by 5 and in bed by 11.

Wake up at 8.AM? I sometimes go to bed at 8.AM.... and I'm fucking 29!
No. It's not real.

It's just bias made parody.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
8AM?

I said I'm up by 5am if I can.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Honestly, waking up early may very well be my biggest hurdle to full-time employment. A couple years, I developed a strange lethargy where I spent most of the day ready to sleep, and caffeine does nothing to alleviate it. Fortunately, I discovered Nuvigil and it seems I can spend most of the day alert. It usually takes an hour or two to fully kick in, but when it does, it works well. Then again, it can take a while to muster up the wakefulness to get out of bed. But I'm usually out of bed by 9.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's my story, sad but true WinterHold 50 3373 August 13, 2023 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  True Detective on religion. Jehanne 2 785 September 4, 2022 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Please Use This Song (Jon Lajoie) WinterHold 1 354 December 1, 2020 at 11:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  One True God by the Austin Lounge Lizards. Jehanne 0 386 February 16, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Guys, Please watch this movie! I loved it. ignoramus 19 3138 September 1, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Please Like Me SteelCurtain 1 506 December 8, 2016 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Soundtrack for fucking, your recommendations please. Whateverist 47 2813 November 19, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  disregard post please hymnalysis 11 1451 June 26, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  I posted this on the wrong board, please delete this thread. DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 23 2992 November 26, 2015 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Vicar tells kids Santa isn't real! Norfolk And Chance 5 1714 December 18, 2014 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13