Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandmother kills baby over zodiac sign.
Sad 
Grandmother kills baby over zodiac sign.
Beijing - A woman in eastern China killed her infant grandson by tossing him into a well after a fortune-teller told her the child's zodiac sign would bring ruin to the family, state media reported.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Grandmo...n-20110412

This stuff makes me sick.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Grandmother kills baby over zodiac sign.
(April 12, 2011 at 6:15 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Beijing - A woman in eastern China killed her infant grandson by tossing him into a well after a fortune-teller told her the child's zodiac sign would bring ruin to the family, state media reported.

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Grandmo...n-20110412

This stuff makes me sick.

Logically, the astrologer was correct in his prediction.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Was this a self fulfilling prophesy?
Such a sad waste of life. I for one appreciate that over modernisation in China isn't a bad thing when it means we get to quash childish and dangerous superstitions such as these.
(April 12, 2011 at 6:43 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Logically, the astrologer was correct in his prediction.

It's that cause and effect thing again isn't it?

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
There is a house near me on a well traveled road with a sign out front advertising "Psychic Readings, Tarot and Astrology". I'd like to add a sign of my own saying "Bullshit Sold Here!"

It's disgusting that charlatans can make a living like this.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
No more disgusting than preachers selling salvation to gullible fools.
This is fucked up. I think I'm going to be sick.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I had a friend that threw tarot readings at a halloween party. Even though he TOLD people it was just for fun and he didn't believe in it at all, people STILL were in awe of his ACCURATE reads!

The best part was this is the deck he used: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/giger-baphomet/

It came with a really dark industrial CD that he played while he threw readings for people. He started doing cross readings, but as the night wore on and he had more drinks he switched to just throwing three and interpreting past, present, and future from those three cards. By the end of the party he was just flirting with chicks while pretending to give a shit about the cards in front of him. I think it got him laid, so it wasn't a complete waste. Smile
(April 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm)Thor Wrote: There is a house near me on a well traveled road with a sign out front advertising "Psychic Readings, Tarot and Astrology". I'd like to add a sign of my own saying "Bullshit Sold Here!"

It's disgusting that charlatans can make a living like this.

Well,fair's fair;we tolerate priests.(I use the term generically) Their woo is no less absurd and dangerous. Eg I'm pretty sure that weird snake handling sect in Tennessee is still around. Plus have you ever actually been to a Pentacostal service? AND let's not forget we continue to tolerate the evil and corrupt Catholic church.Cranky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "New" Ophiuchus Zodiac sign messing with melons Duty 20 1613 July 19, 2020 at 5:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger