Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paltrow Settles Lawsuit Over Eggs...
Exclamation 
Paltrow Settles Lawsuit Over Eggs...
Paltrow's company has agreed to pay AUD$202,000 in civil penalties for selling some products "whose advertised
medical claims were not supported by competent and reliable science".

This isn't the first time Goop has drawn negative attention for dubious health claims about its serums, vitamins,
crystals, "detox" regimens and other products. The nonprofit Truth in Advertising has documented more than
50 examples of Goop claiming that the products it sells or promotes "can treat, cure, prevent, alleviate the symptoms
of, or reduce the risk of developing a number of ailments, ranging from depression, anxiety, and insomnia, to
infertility, uterine prolapse, and arthritis, just to name a few".

Goop settles lawsuit over purported benefits of jade eggs

As for the recommendation that women sleep with a jade egg in their vaginas, a US gynecologist pointed out that
jade is porous—which could allow bacteria to get inside and so the egg could act as a fomite (any nonliving object
or substance capable of carrying infectious organisms) and could be a risk factor for bacterial vaginosis or even the
potentially deadly toxic shock syndrome.

Paltrow's snake-oil company needs to be shut down.  And sooner better than later.       Shake Fist
I'm a creationist,  I believe man created God
RE: Paltrow Settles Lawsuit Over Eggs...
Have you visited her website? I did, for kicks. Now she has to label her jars of nothing “potion”. Lol
What a douche. And anybody who spends money on a pebble to put up her hoohah deserves what they get, IMO. Gwinnie and her customers deserve each other.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
She’s a nutter.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 22, 2018 at 8:49 pm)SYZ Wrote: This isn't the first time Goop has drawn negative attention for dubious health claims about its serums, vitamins,
crystals, "detox" regimens and other products.

As for the recommendation that women sleep with a jade egg in their vaginas,

Goop? Huh

Didn't know they did vaginas, too. Big Grin
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Instead of laying an egg women are shoving it up their twats.  Although, I gotta say Ben Wa balls, which are an old Chinese sex toy, are not that different than the Paltrow egg thingy except they're much smaller and come in a pack of three.    Ben Wa balls  kinda bop around inside the vigina and give women a little thrill now and again.   Not that I would know anything about that.  Noooo, not me.

Read
(September 27, 2018 at 7:56 pm)Dancefortwo Wrote: Instead of laying an egg women are shoving it up their twats.  Although, I gotta say Ben Wa balls, which are an old Chinese sex toy, are not that different than the Paltrow egg thingy except they're much smaller and come in a pack of three.    Ben Wa balls  kinda bop around inside the vigina and give women a little thrill now and again.   Not that I would know anything about that.  Noooo, not me.

Read

Was it her prophet, from the House of Cantor, that enlightened you? Tongue
(September 22, 2018 at 8:49 pm)SYZ Wrote: Paltrow's company has agreed to pay AUD$202,000 in civil penalties for selling some products "whose advertised
medical claims were not supported by competent and reliable science".

This isn't the first time Goop has drawn negative attention for dubious health claims about its serums, vitamins,
crystals, "detox" regimens and other products. The nonprofit Truth in Advertising has documented more than
50 examples of Goop claiming that the products it sells or promotes "can treat, cure, prevent, alleviate the symptoms
of, or reduce the risk of developing a number of ailments, ranging from depression, anxiety, and insomnia, to
infertility, uterine prolapse, and arthritis, just to name a few".

As for the recommendation that women sleep with a jade egg in their vaginas, a US gynecologist pointed out that
jade is porous—which could allow bacteria to get inside and so the egg could act as a fomite (any nonliving object
or substance capable of carrying infectious organisms) and could be a risk factor for bacterial vaginosis or even the
potentially deadly toxic shock syndrome.

Paltrow's snake-oil company needs to be shut down.  And sooner better than later.       Shake Fist

Now they need to go after churches and faith "healers" who make similar claims of healing and miracles.
Dying to live, living to die.
Sup.....yall mean vag pebbles might not be a good idea?  Who knew.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If you stick a rock up your snootch you deserve the yeast infection prolly.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 27, 2018 at 9:40 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: If you stick a rock up your snootch you deserve the yeast infection prolly.

It truly is amazing.

Fifty doctors can tell people it's bad for them, but since it's endorsed by a "celebrity" people will do it anyway.

Wonder if I can convince someone really famous to tell rapists that a knife through the heart is actually a good thing, especially if self administered...?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gwyneth Paltrow Fake Messiah 37 6882 February 9, 2019 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Losty