Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my SVG PacMan now playable in Safari on iPhone?
Is my SVG PacMan now playable in Safari on iPhone?
When I made my SVG PacMan, it wasn't playable in Safari on iPhone because it didn't respond to taps fast enough there. However, I wasn't able to diagnose the problem.
In that PacMan game, I was using two `setInterval` loops, one for small animations (such as opening and closing the PacMan's mouth), and other for large animations (moving PacMan and ghosts from a field to a field). A few months ago, I modified it to use only one loop, and to use counters to keep track of whether to do a small animation or a large one.
That change apparently solved the problem of the mouth animation being jittery in Firefox.
I am wondering whether it also somehow solved the problem of the game being unresponsive in Safari on iPhone. Does anybody here have an iPhone to test that?
RE: Is my SVG PacMan now playable in Safari on iPhone?
(August 28, 2023 at 11:59 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: When I made my SVG PacMan, it wasn't playable in Safari on iPhone because it didn't respond to taps fast enough there. However, I wasn't able to diagnose the problem.
In that PacMan game, I was using two `setInterval` loops, one for small animations (such as opening and closing the PacMan's mouth), and other for large animations (moving PacMan and ghosts from a field to a field). A few months ago, I modified it to use only one loop, and to use counters to keep track of whether to do a small animation or a large one.
That change apparently solved the problem of the mouth animation being jittery in Firefox.
I am wondering whether it also somehow solved the problem of the game being unresponsive in Safari on iPhone. Does anybody here have an iPhone to test that?

I have an iPhone, but I have no interest in either PacMan or testing your copyright infringement program.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why would you not try this out on your damn phone? Are you afraid your crappy programming skillz will blow up your phone?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 28, 2023 at 1:03 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Why would you not try this out on your damn phone?  Are you afraid your crappy programming skillz will blow up your phone?

They didn't teach him how to use an iPhone at university.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 28, 2023 at 1:03 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Why would you not try this out on your damn phone?  Are you afraid your crappy programming skillz will blow up your phone?

I have played it on my phone many times, scoring 25159 a few month ago in the Samsung Internet Browser on Android. But tells me nothing about whether it works in Safari on iPhone.
Polling typically isn't fast enough for game programming.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Yes, and the pixies will win.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 28, 2023 at 2:06 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:

I have played it on my phone many times, scoring 25159 a few month ago in the Samsung Internet Browser on Android. But tells me nothing about whether it works in Safari on iPhone.

So ask a friend with an iPhone, assuming you have any friends.

The more you post here, the more you sound like an angsty teenager flailing about desperately for validation.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 28, 2023 at 2:06 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:

I am not going to try on my Iphone.  You write buggy programs.  Not happenin' Cap'n.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

‘Hi! I’ve been studying computer programming for years and I still can’t get it right. Let me install this program on YOUR phone and see what happens.’

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iphone related question paulpablo 1 480 January 21, 2017 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Iphone screen recorder Sludgeman101 0 713 July 7, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Sludgeman101