Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Food addiction
Food addiction
This is unrelated to my other dependencies......I mean, those aren't that bad. Not great, but managable. But food is one thing that is really slowing me down (figuratively and literally) in life. I can't just "stop" eating, I mean I literally can't, feeling hungry is absolutely one hundred percent unacceptable for me, if I am hungry, I must eat, period. I won't be able to focus on anything else until I've eaten. And then when I do eat, I feel a sense of relief, almost like being "happy" I guess? Not that I've ever felt happy in my whole life, so I'm not really sure what genuine happiness is supposed to feel like, but maybe this is close. But that brief sense of relief is not substantial, as not being able to eat makes me sad. Are any of you dealing with something similar? I fucking love chocolate candy bars and pizza......
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: Food addiction
(October 1, 2023 at 2:01 am)Ahriman Wrote: …..Are any of you dealing with something similar?……

given your solipsistic outlook why would you care?
(October 1, 2023 at 4:09 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 2:01 am)Ahriman Wrote: …..Are any of you dealing with something similar?……

given your solipsistic outlook why would you care?

Not sure what that's supposed to mean.
(October 1, 2023 at 2:01 am)Ahriman Wrote: This is unrelated to my other dependencies......I mean, those aren't that bad. Not great, but managable. But food is one thing that is really slowing me down (figuratively and literally) in life. I can't just "stop" eating, I mean I literally can't, feeling hungry is absolutely one hundred percent unacceptable for me, if I am hungry, I must eat, period. I won't be able to focus on anything else until I've eaten. And then when I do eat, I feel a sense of relief, almost like being "happy" I guess? Not that I've ever felt happy in my whole life, so I'm not really sure what genuine happiness is supposed to feel like, but maybe this is close. But that brief sense of relief is not substantial, as not being able to eat makes me sad. Are any of you dealing with something similar? I fucking love chocolate candy bars and pizza......

You’ve clearly been cursed. Probably either by Ramona the goddess of ranch dressing or by some elderly gypsy woman you’ve offended. You’ll need to find a sympathetic Santeria priest to remove the curse. Don’t let him overcharge you - the going rate is two chickens (live) and a bottle of dark rum.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 1, 2023 at 6:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 2:01 am)Ahriman Wrote: This is unrelated to my other dependencies......I mean, those aren't that bad. Not great, but managable. But food is one thing that is really slowing me down (figuratively and literally) in life. I can't just "stop" eating, I mean I literally can't, feeling hungry is absolutely one hundred percent unacceptable for me, if I am hungry, I must eat, period. I won't be able to focus on anything else until I've eaten. And then when I do eat, I feel a sense of relief, almost like being "happy" I guess? Not that I've ever felt happy in my whole life, so I'm not really sure what genuine happiness is supposed to feel like, but maybe this is close. But that brief sense of relief is not substantial, as not being able to eat makes me sad. Are any of you dealing with something similar? I fucking love chocolate candy bars and pizza......

You’ve clearly been cursed. Probably either by Ramona the goddess of ranch dressing or by some elderly gypsy woman you’ve offended. You’ll need to find a sympathetic Santeria priest to remove the curse. Don’t let him overcharge you - the going rate is two chickens (live) and a bottle of dark rum.

Boru

Not that it would do any good......not a bad idea though. I could perform the ritual myself, I guess......that might work, eheheh......

I mean seriously though, if I was offered all the yummy food I wanted for the rest of my life, in exchange for never being able to talk to another actual human being ever again, I would absolutely take the fucking food.
(October 1, 2023 at 6:32 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 6:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You’ve clearly been cursed. Probably either by Ramona the goddess of ranch dressing or by some elderly gypsy woman you’ve offended. You’ll need to find a sympathetic Santeria priest to remove the curse. Don’t let him overcharge you - the going rate is two chickens (live) and a bottle of dark rum.

Boru

Not that it would do any good......not a bad idea though. I could perform the ritual myself, I guess......that might work, eheheh......

I mean seriously though, if I was offered all the yummy food I wanted for the rest of my life, in exchange for never being able to talk to another actual human being ever again, I would absolutely take the fucking food.

PLEASE don’t try the ritual yourself. You don’t have the training, the link to the Other Side, and you don’t know the secret handshake.

Curse removal, like termite control, is best left to professionals.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 1, 2023 at 6:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 6:32 am)Ahriman Wrote: Not that it would do any good......not a bad idea though. I could perform the ritual myself, I guess......that might work, eheheh......

PLEASE don’t try the ritual yourself. You don’t have the training, the link to the Other Side, and you don’t know the secret handshake.

Curse removal, like termite control, is best left to professionals.

Boru

Even if I knew I was cursed with a love of food, I'm not yet convinced I would want it removed.
(October 1, 2023 at 4:14 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 4:09 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: given your solipsistic outlook why would you care?

Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Everyone else in the universe knows what it means, someone explain it to Ahirman.  ;-)
(October 1, 2023 at 8:06 am)LinuxGal Wrote:
(October 1, 2023 at 4:14 am)Ahriman Wrote: Not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Everyone else in the universe knows what it means, someone explain it to Ahirman.  ;-)

No, that's not what I mean. I mean why would that other poster assume I have a "solipsistic outlook" in the first place and use that as a "reason" for me "not caring"?
A coworker has a bad soda habbit. She really loves her coke.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘Merica’s addiction to fake tackattack 33 2322 August 6, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Addiction Ahriman 8 541 January 23, 2022 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Regional or national food specialties Dundee 23 2057 July 24, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Sal