Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD?
If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD?
I'm curious what ya'll think. I won't go into too much detail, but I'm curious. I'm not religious, so I would love to hear another persons opinion from someone that also isn't religious.

If life is temporary, and the human race as a whole is temporary (what I mean is, the sun eventually will go out, and extinct the human race), why would a dating partner be almost impossible to date? Don't you think women would be more generous? What's the purpose of natural selection in a temporary existence? Maybe this implies reincarnation, since life demands you give it your all and be the best of the best, then perhaps even if I don't in this life, then my next life I'll have a chance, or not that one, but eventually I'll have the good go around.

So maybe life always wants the best, life reincarnates us to get a chance. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I believe we either die permanently or we're reincarnated. But I feel like, as I stated above, that if women are as picky as they are, and hard to get, that life MUST be perpetual. I think nature is so intelligent, it not only gave us reason, it already "has" that reason, and it knows that life is unfair, so one day, we all will get fame. Those that have fame, will one day experience wanting that fame, and they'll never know they had it.

So then technically speaking, does it even matter at all not being able to find a date?

In a sense it feels like whether I'm loosing or winning, I'm always winning. But I always get a gentle reminder "dang this really sucks being single" or "dang this time around in this reincarnation of life is not a lucky one", because I watch other couples naturally getting it on, meanwhile in order for me to get there I have to put an amount of effort that surpasses those people that don't have to barely lift a finger or break a sweat to get what I have to work EXTREMELY hard to get.

To summarize.

If life is temporary, and given the above info I added to kinda support both sides of the argument, why would a women still, even still, be so HARD to date for some of us men? Given the fact that LIFE IS TEMPORARY. And let me put this into perspective. If you're running out of time for a task, you might get desperate and cut corners. When you think of how VAST the universe of existence is, and measure how little time we actually are alive for, there's practically no time "left" for the task of being alive, so why would a women even have the "time" to be selective and ONLY date a man that has maybe a nice jaw line, good muscles. What's the purpose? My focus is kinda here, by asking "What's the purpose"?

What if on the flip side, life "accidentally" made "life" demand natural selection be top priority. What if? Does that make sense. What if beauty was actually created on accident and it actually is a disease or something that we classify as normal, or something. I mean when you suffer so much rejection, your mind tends to wonder (like mine) in ALL directions.

I hope my post makes sense.
lol.
RE: If life is temporary, why is finding a date so HARD?
That's the longest version or 'Why am I so unfuckable?' I've ever seen.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 15, 2023 at 2:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That's the longest version or 'Why am I so unfuckable?' I've ever seen.

Boru

huh?

I'm not interested in the S word. I think you're confused??
Maybe it was all your jabbering about natural selection and the impermanence of life and how women should be 'more generous' that made me think you were bitching about your inability to get laid.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 14, 2023 at 11:53 pm)snow_wolf22 Wrote: [...]

If life is temporary, and given the above info I added to kinda support both sides of the argument, why would a women still, even still, be so HARD to date for some of us men?

[...]

Well maybe you could turn it around, sort of. 

If life is short, why waste your limited time on second best? Or third or fourth? 

If you only have X number of days left, and you have a certain amount of choice, wouldn't you spend your time drinking the best wine you can?
If life was not temporary you would have no need to breed (or date)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm going to file the subject with my other favorite of this type.

"If I had known I was going to live this long I'd have taken worser care of myself."

Oh, and my O2 delivery is late. Arrgghh
Not a problem I've had.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'll assume you weren't referring to my post.
(October 15, 2023 at 4:45 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'll assume you weren't referring to my post.

Nope.

Original post.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Relationships: Finding your perfect match and then losing them. Porcupine 53 2573 July 18, 2020 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6562 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy