Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Courage
Smile 
Captain Courage
It is not always easy to understand (even for someone who is present in the Middle-East) to determine how some people are able to interpret religious teachings the way they do. See this example:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/drug-called-c...22468.html

I mean “Captain Courage”? “Jihadi Drug”?

-       It’s either as I said or there are simply more of us than we are tempted to think Smile Smile

[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: Captain Courage
IDK how people mess it up either. Magic book seems pretty damned clear on sex outside of marriage. It's fine as long as you own the girl.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 16, 2023 at 10:16 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: IDK how people mess it up either.  Magic book seems pretty damned clear on sex outside of marriage.  It's fine as long as you own the girl.

And kill the non-virgins, just in case.
Gods people don't like used product, outside of their religions, ofc.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As I have said many times before. A superficial approach to spiritual issues will usually lead to greater mistakes on a personal level than someone who has decided to be an atheist or an agnostic.

Now: I know there are people who cannot find a sexual partner because of physical and/or psychological issues and end up travelling to Amsterdam (or to Vegas if you like). But I can easily relate to the rule stated in the previous paragraph. Today we have what we call “ethics”. So no one needs to be this or that in order to be opposed to prostitution. It’s a matter of personal principle for most people. And I think it’s a rather positive thing for a religious teaching to be in the same page with normal basic level ethic principles. Smile

N.B.: What you are talking about are the issues that have to do with anthropology and sociology more than religion.

Also, it’s not like I approve of Israeli atrocities on Gazan territory or in the West Bank. We all see the decades long oppressive and expansionist policies of the Jewish State against Arabs in that region.

There is something called asymmetric warfare or Guerrilla warfare in which you use hit and run tactics and such to defy a much stronger opponent. In Central America for instance, guerrilla group are known to kidnap American tourists in order to extract ransom from their families. But who kidnaps children? (And/or very elderly people).

I’m asking this because hostage situations are known to be tough. These are traumatic experiences even for adults. Therefore putting little children and/or old people in this situation is definitely an act of Barbary. Meaning that there is rules to asymmetric warfare too. If you cross these lines, that makes you a terror organization.

So I would doubt the sincerity of any state or organization who fails to make this distinction right now. Sad

"Barbarity". Barbary was a pirate kingdom on the north shore of Africa.
(November 28, 2023 at 10:28 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: There is something called asymmetric warfare or Guerrilla warfare in which you use hit and run tactics and such to defy a much stronger opponent. In Central America for instance, guerrilla group are known to kidnap American tourists in order to extract ransom from their families. But who kidnaps children? (And/or very elderly people).

I’m asking this because hostage situations are known to be tough. These are traumatic experiences even for adults. Therefore putting little children and/or old people in this situation is definitely an act of Barbary. Meaning that there is rules to asymmetric warfare too. If you cross these lines, that makes you a terror organization.

So I would doubt the sincerity of any state or organization who fails to make this distinction right now. Sad

Kidnapping civilians isn't an instance of the application of asymmetric warfare - it's an instance of a warcrime.  People engaged in guerrilla war might also be in the business of kidnapping, ofc.  I never saw a chapter in any SOP at any of the MOUT ranges I went to or NCOd for on proper hostage taking procedures.  Prisoners (of any kind, any age, legal or illegal) are a serious pain in the ass for conventional and guerrilla tactics.  You have to care for them - whether that's to the standards of human rights conventions or to the standards of a cynical financial transaction..and every single bit of money or manpower you spend on that, and every single hostage you deign to take, detracts from your offensive capabilities while adding a level of risk and vulnerability to your entire operation.  Even internally, your kidnappers -or- your prison guards are going to be a very different cadre from your warfighters. I'll let you in on a little secret..it's almost universal in the militaries of the world that these two groups are so disparate in both duty and temperament that they loath each other.

Say we lay aside all of the rules, all of the conventions, all of the normative right and wrong.  The functional or practical basis of those ideas is still in effect.  That we often see people resort to this does not indicate that it is a worthwhile or prudent course of action..simply that short sighted near term gains (often private gains) will override operational success in any organization that can't prevent it.  To use a particularly american example...we might see the locals shouting in joy at the news of an american..civilian or soldier, captured...but I gaurantee you they're having a very different conversation about that back at hq.  Something along the lines of getting noticed and pounded into the stone age and all of their efforts being for naught because one stupid fuck didn't have the foresight to shoot the pigdog dead and leave them to rot. There are faaaar easier ways to fund an assymetric force than to peddle hostages, and a long list of reasons why any asymmetric force would very much not want that sort of attention.
   Back in the 1960’s, kidnapping people to make a stand or to demand the release of other ideological sympathizers from government prisons etc. was not that rare among left wing groups. These groups could resort to the bombing of some places and/or the shooting of police officers in some places a little bit like the Black panthers in the US.

So the End does not justify the means. And that’s Gandhi’s invention. For Gandhi, if the end is truth (or Satya) the means to that end will have to be satvic (or truthful) by definition. That’s where the commies were wrong. And that’s also where the hippies almost got it right in the beginning but got it completely wrong in the end. Smile

That is not ghandis invention. That question was asked centuries before ghandi was a twinkle in some caste lovers eyes, and he got it wrong. Depending on the true end, there may be some wholly disingenuous means to get there. That much is manifestly obvious. The true end..for example, in financial hostage taking... is to make money. Pretending that it's freedom fighting is a great means to achieve that end, even as it's a detriment to the end of freedom. I mean, just roll it around in your mouth. "We take hostages for freedom!".

...........?

Property and/or infrastructure destruction and combat against uniformed agents of the state are not war crimes. The cops can be occupation authorities - take a look at all the russian pows in ukraine that were part of police units. Not equivalent to kidnapping tourists at all. You can hold a piece of the enemy's defense industry and demand the return of prisoners (or...hostages.....). You can offer prisoners in exchange for prisoners (or for hostages)...but you cannot take hostages. As for the ends justifying the means. To a professional uniformed soldier bound by military conventions hostage taking isn't even a means to the desired end, to be justified or considered, in the first place. You help civilians in a warzone like they were your own fucking mother..because but for the grace of god, they might be. You do not snatch them and extort their family members. The kinds of prisoners uniformed professional soldiers take cannot be brought or bought back with mere bribes...or, if we prefer, that's not how that's supposed to work, lol. We all fall down, ofc. To use a really blunt example. The seals did not bring an atm reader to the raid of osama bin ladens compound. No one has ever been released from gitmo because their wife came up with the proper amount of cash in a gofundme push.

It's not obvious how any of this leads into the commies getting something wrong or the hippies getting something right then wrong. You'd have to flesh that one out, I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral courage + Intellectual bankruptcy mralstoner 7 1436 October 13, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13