Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A TV documentary called "Mafia vs. KKK"
A TV documentary called "Mafia vs. KKK"
Has anyone ever heard of a 1-hour long documentary called "Mafia vs. KKK"? I watched it on TV several months ago & it was the most interesting documentary I had ever watched. I think it's from 2013, and it's not a TV series with the same or similar name.

It was packed with so much information going beyond the Mafia & KKK per se, even with TV commercial breaks. It explored associations between the Mafia with the Roman Catholic church in abolition or former Civil War Union states, and the KKK with protestants in the former Confederate south, and how they were in a way pitted against each other during the prohibition era. It also included how Hollywood was connected to this (mainly in opposition to the KKK). Basically, what it went over was how the former Confederate southern states along with the KKK were for prohibition, and how it backfired with the Mafia being involved in distributing it in the underground market.

What I found interesting about it was how it presented the way the US developed in the early 20th century from a different perspective I wasn't aware of.

I was only able to watch it one time when it was on TV, and I haven't seen it since then. I've been trying to find a way to watch it again.
RE: A TV documentary called "Mafia vs. KKK"
Never heard of it, but my money would be on the Mafia.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This it?

(January 20, 2024 at 11:25 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: This it?

No, it wasn't something in a podcast format/presentation, but I appreciate the attempt & effort to try to find it!  Cool

I did a little more digging online & it seems to be part of a series called "Military Channel Presents" & it looks like it was its season 1, episode 3; this particular episode is called "Mafia vs. KKK" & the description is "The amazing story of the hidden war between two of the United States most violent groups, the Mafia and the Ku Klux Klan."

I'll check this one out, though; it seems to be about the same topic & might cover some of the similar material that the Military Channel one covered.
(January 20, 2024 at 11:39 am)neil Wrote:
(January 20, 2024 at 11:25 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: This it?

No, it wasn't something in a podcast format/presentation, but I appreciate the attempt & effort to try to find it!  Cool

I did a little more digging online & it seems to be part of a series called "Military Channel Presents" & it looks like it was its season 1, episode 3; this particular episode is called "Mafia vs. KKK" & the description is "The amazing story of the hidden war between two of the United States most violent groups, the Mafia and the Ku Klux Klan."

I'll check this one out, though; it seems to be about the same topic & might cover some of the similar material that the Military Channel one covered.

Oh, I saw the Military History episode on my search list, I just passed it over because it appeared to be part of a series. If you google "mafia vs KKK documentary" you will get several hits on the MH episode.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion shouldn't be called a race. Brian37 15 1281 July 4, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ken Burns & Lynn Novick's Documentary of the Viet Nam War Secular Elf 58 8881 October 1, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  90th anniversary of Fred Trump's arrest at a KKK rally Fake Messiah 2 1208 June 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Fireball