Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 9:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Independence Day stupidity
US Independence Day stupidity
So far we have local reports of 3 people losing fingers. One sounds like someone dared one kid to hold onto until M80 until the last second.

One injury to someones face, no specific details.

All taken to ambulance to hospitals in critical condition.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: US Independence Day stupidity
Article 17, Section 8, Paragraph 2, Clause XVI, US Constitution:

Congress shall make no Law, nor shall the several States, prohibiting acts of Dumbassery by Citizens.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Dumbasses gonna dumb.

Yeah, listen to Fonz, people

[Image: Fonz.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Up next, a man who fell off a 4th parade float, immobilized and off to the horsepittle.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 4, 2024 at 6:27 pm)brewer Wrote: Up next, a man who fell off a 4th parade float, immobilized and off to the horsepittle.

Will we EVER stop pretending that parades are fun?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 4, 2024 at 6:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 4, 2024 at 6:27 pm)brewer Wrote: Up next, a man who fell off a 4th parade float, immobilized and off to the horsepittle.

Will we EVER stop pretending that parades are fun?

Boru

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
There are always a few Darwin Award winners on the 4th of July.
(July 4, 2024 at 7:03 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(July 4, 2024 at 6:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Will we EVER stop pretending that parades are fun?

Boru

The uni I graduated from had a fraternity that lost their charter for various acts of stupidity. One sticks in my mind. They went to a wrecking yard and bought a junked car, to enter in a local parade. Painted it all stupid and drove it the same way in the parade. Named the "Stud Mobile". Reason it was in the wrecking yard? It had no brakes. Went up onto the curb and injured some people. Many years later, I was conducting a training for rifle range officers. As the training progressed, I kept looking at three of the trainees, and it finally clicked when I was handing out the cards saying that they had been trained. I said, "Oh yeah, I remember you guys from Zeta Beta Tau!" Which they denied and claimed to have been in the honor frat, whatever that TLA was. I was not in a fraternity, they just had that kind of infamy. I damned near took their cards back and refunded their money. It was 10+ years after I graduated, but those three got my dander up in a chem lab by squirting their wash bottles over the riser and giggling. I went over and took the ring leader's lab note paper, as it was dry and mine was wet. I could have had them kicked out for it, but wasn't that pissed. They couldn't understand why I didn't appreciate their 8-year-old type of humor.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
For several years the town where I live stopped having a fireworks display. It was sort of disappointing because when we moved here we found a good place to park and watch that wasn't in the middle of the crowd. We were also able to see fireworks in three different cities from that vantage point.

All dogs were Trazadoned on the evening of the third when town had a fireworks display again. That worked well but last night the amateurs were out in full force causing the dogs to lose their minds. I have a feeling that there will be more to come since it's a weekend. There may be Trazadone for all for the next couple evenings.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of air conditioners and my stupidity! Brian37 29 2776 April 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene