Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of air conditioners and my stupidity!
Of air conditioners and my stupidity!
Ok, so today, like many days I turned my air conditioner on, as one would do, when the temp isn't what one would like. BUT, this time the machine, made a new noise, IN A BRAND FUCKING NEW HOUSE, that I had never heard before. Ok, so this was freaking me out, so I turned the unit off, turned it on, but the new noise persisted. This went on for an hour. 

So I was all ready to bite the bullet and pay an expert to check my air out. So what made that new noise?  A FUCKING beer bottle leaning over the floor vent causing the air to echo!

Yes, I am a fucikng DUMBASS!
RE: Of air conditioners and my stupidity!
(April 24, 2020 at 7:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, so today, like many days I turned my air conditioner on, as one would do, when the temp isn't what one would like. BUT, this time the machine, made a new noise, IN A BRAND FUCKING NEW HOUSE, that I had never heard before. Ok, so this was freaking me out, so I turned the unit off, turned it on, but the new noise persisted. This went on for an hour. 

So I was all ready to bite the bullet and pay an expert to check my air out. So what made that new noise?  A FUCKING beer bottle leaning over the floor vent causing the air to echo!

That's not how you spell "fucking"!

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 24, 2020 at 7:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, so today, like many days I turned my air conditioner on, as one would do, when the temp isn't what one would like. BUT, this time the machine, made a new noise, IN A BRAND FUCKING NEW HOUSE, that I had never heard before. Ok, so this was freaking me out, so I turned the unit off, turned it on, but the new noise persisted. This went on for an hour. 

A few years ago, I completely convinced myself that there was a cricket in the house that was chirping every 35 seconds exactly. Turned out that it was the low battery beep from one of the smoke detectors.

You’re not alone. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 24, 2020 at 7:44 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

That's not how you spell "fucking"!

Tongue

You are talking to a guy minutes away from wasting hundreds of bucks.
(April 24, 2020 at 7:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

A few years ago, I completely convinced myself that there was a cricket in the house that was chirping every 35 seconds exactly. Turned out that it was the low battery beep from one of the smoke detectors.

You’re not alone. Smile

Boru

In my old student house the previous owners had put the smoke detector on the ceiling of a high ceilinged, open beam (if you know what I mean) room.

It started chirping one weekend and I didn't have a ladder in the hoyse to reach it. It was starting to get on my nerves while I was studying.

I solved the problem with a broom handle and replaced the smoke detector a couple of days later.
American Didgeridoo.
(April 24, 2020 at 7:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 24, 2020 at 7:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A few years ago, I completely convinced myself that there was a cricket in the house that was chirping every 35 seconds exactly. Turned out that it was the low battery beep from one of the smoke detectors.

You’re not alone. Smile

Boru

In my old student house the previous owners had put the smoke detector on the ceiling of a high ceilinged, open beam (if you know what I mean) room.

It started chirping one weekend and I didn't have a ladder in the hoyse to reach it.  It was starting to get on my nerves while I was studying.

I solved the problem with a broom handle and replaced the smoke detector a couple of days later.

I'm gonna burn for this.  Hilarious You flew up there and knocked it off, right!? #GrannyWeatherwaxFliesAgain

@Brain- can you rent a mom or cleaning person to pick up after you? Might be less than the A/C repairman bill.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
And Fireball wins the interwebs today.
(April 24, 2020 at 8:05 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(April 24, 2020 at 7:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: In my old student house the previous owners had put the smoke detector on the ceiling of a high ceilinged, open beam (if you know what I mean) room.

It started chirping one weekend and I didn't have a ladder in the hoyse to reach it.  It was starting to get on my nerves while I was studying.

I'm gonna burn for this.  Hilarious You flew up there and knocked it off, right!? #GrannyWeatherwaxFliesAgain

I'm more partial to Nanny Ogg, myself.

Tongue
(April 24, 2020 at 8:05 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(April 24, 2020 at 7:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: In my old student house the previous owners had put the smoke detector on the ceiling of a high ceilinged, open beam (if you know what I mean) room.

@Brain- can you rent a mom or cleaning person to pick up after you? Might be less than the A/C repairman bill.

Yea ok....................

Being single means fucking up.

@ Boru, Billy Budd seems quaint right about now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Fryer recipies onlinebiker 11 625 October 8, 2021 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  The best air conditioner Marsellus Wallace 6 725 July 18, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Know what's fucking amazing? Grant Air. Violet 9 2555 June 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Violet