Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 16, 2024, 4:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Semaglutide
Semaglutide
Anyone tried that new fat loss thing, aka ozempic?

I've only heard about it via southpark and some people in work have tried it.

If I was to take it, it would just be for shallow reasons and maybe to lose a stone of weight to make the climbing walls I've been going on easier. But I really don't think I'd have the courage to try something as new as this, I want to wait to see if there's any dangers to this that haven't been realised yet.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Semaglutide
(August 5, 2024 at 2:15 am)paulpablo Wrote: Anyone tried that new fat loss thing, aka ozempic?

I've only heard about it via southpark and some people in work have tried it.

If I was to take it, it would just be for shallow reasons and maybe to lose a stone of weight to make the climbing walls I've been going on easier. But I really don't think I'd have the courage to try something as new as this, I want to wait to see if there's any dangers to this that haven't been realised yet.

I haven't, but I think a better solution would be for you to climb more walls.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
As with everything, there are dangers.
But this one seems to have minimal ones... mostly being sick for a while. Think "morning sickness", but not just for the first few weeks.
And then you won't have much of an appetite and even thinking of eating will make you feel a bit sick.
Disclaimer, I haven't tried this drug but have heard of it in a few places.

You could try to impose some food discipline on yourself without any drugs first and see how it goes.
Eating less is eating less, it doesn't matter how you achieve it.
Limit yourself to eating only at meal times and keep your portions to a reasonable size - avoid bringing more than your plate of food to the table and you'll probably avoid adding more food to the plate. Incorporate salads in your meals - some say we should eat salads some 5 to 10 minutes before the meal itself.
A common trick to keep that lingering "hunger" in between meals away is to drink some water. If you know that you are in no danger of starvation, then it is ok to avoid eating for a while. Usually, that appetite will go away within 30 minutes, but drinking water helps not feel it as much.
You can replace water with any form of tea or coffee, provided they have zero sugar - tea is water with herbs (if you make it yourself, don't trust store bought) and coffee is water pressed through ground coffee beans.
Best of luck!
(August 5, 2024 at 3:37 am)pocaracas Wrote: As with everything, there are dangers.
But this one seems to have minimal ones... mostly being sick for a while. Think "morning sickness", but not just for the first few weeks.
And then you won't have much of an appetite and even thinking of eating will make you feel a bit sick.
Disclaimer, I haven't tried this drug but have heard of it in a few places.

You could try to impose some food discipline on yourself without any drugs first and see how it goes.
Eating less is eating less, it doesn't matter how you achieve it.
Limit yourself to eating only at meal times and keep your portions to a reasonable size - avoid bringing more than your plate of food to the table and you'll probably avoid adding more food to the plate. Incorporate salads in your meals - some say we should eat salads some 5 to 10 minutes before the meal itself.
A common trick to keep that lingering "hunger" in between meals away is to drink some water. If you know that you are in no danger of starvation, then it is ok to avoid eating for a while. Usually, that appetite will go away within 30 minutes, but drinking water helps not feel it as much.
You can replace water with any form of tea or coffee, provided they have zero sugar - tea is water with herbs (if you make it yourself, don't trust store bought) and coffee is water pressed through ground coffee beans.
Best of luck!

Exactly this. Since this drug is meant to be used with diet and exercise, try diet and exercise first.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
IMO it should be taken for biologic medical reasons, not psychologic reasons. But if people want to hand over the money to feel better about themselves, go for it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When I went to my regular doctor a couple of months ago, I did not recognize her nurse. She was definitely not obese before so I was surprised when she said she was using some sort of shots to lose weight.

Back when I did get a little chunky, years ago, I realized that when I would go to get seconds I was always going to the worst selection I had cooked for dinner. The one with the most calories and the least of the good stuff. I simply stopped getting seconds. I ate what was on my plate and that was it...it was a portion control thing.

But I have a hard time getting in on this one as genetically I am thin. And since being sick the last year plus and dropping as low as 97 pounds, I don't have a dog in this fight.

While many, many people are trying to lose weight...I am trying to keep my weight over 100 lbs. My doctors are so used to helping people lose weight that they don't know how to council me in gaining.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

I'm on Mounjaro, it helps regulate my blood sugar so I don't need to inject insulin, losing 20 lbs. was just a nice side-effect. I'm suppose to go from a 5 mg dose to a 7.5 but apparently those dosages just aren't available, so I'm stuck at a lower dosage than my doctor recommends. You'd think the people who need it for medical reasons would be ahead in the line compared to those who just want to use it to lose weight.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Ozempic didn't help me. I didn't notice a significant change when taking it. Although eventually I just naturally started eating less, but that was about a year after my last shot of Ozempic.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(August 5, 2024 at 1:26 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'm on Mounjaro, it helps regulate my blood sugar so I don't need to inject insulin, losing 20 lbs. was just a nice side-effect. I'm suppose to go from a 5 mg dose to a 7.5 but apparently those dosages just aren't available, so I'm stuck at a lower dosage than my doctor recommends. You'd think the people who need it for medical reasons would be ahead in the line compared to those who just want to use it to lose weight.
Get your doc to write a script for more.  You can go to any pharmacy and buy a pill cutter for super cheap.  You could easily cut a 5 in half and add another half.  Explain to doc that you can't seem to get your hands on the 7.5.  He just has to adjust the script so it will work for you.

Edit - didn't realize it's injectable...well, that's not gonna work.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(August 5, 2024 at 1:26 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'm on Mounjaro, it helps regulate my blood sugar so I don't need to inject insulin, losing 20 lbs. was just a nice side-effect. I'm suppose to go from a 5 mg dose to a 7.5 but apparently those dosages just aren't available, so I'm stuck at a lower dosage than my doctor recommends. You'd think the people who need it for medical reasons would be ahead in the line compared to those who just want to use it to lose weight.

If you can't change the dose can you change the frequency (go from 7 days to 6)? Not sure if this is feasible and insurance coverage would need to be considered. Yak at the doc.

Just a thought.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.