Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you sane?
Are you sane?
How do you know? I've been through periods in my life where I was "sane for the situation", 1970-1972 for one, another period a few years later. Now I have a job that requires an intense psychological review every six months. I've "aced" all of them since '07, when I did the first one for that job. One pshrink said I was saner than most of his staff. I replied "and you." He shrugged and nodded.

Anyway, in the periods where I was not safe for polite company but just peachy for the time and place, I felt perfectly fine. Retrospectively, however, I see that I wouldn't have wanted to meet me-as-I-was in a dark alley.

So, what checks do you use to keep tabs on your sanity? IF you do, of course. Wink
RE: Are you sane?
I'm wise enough to know what's right but fool enough not to choose it!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm)oggtheclever Wrote: I'm wise enough to know what's right but fool enough not to choose it!

Don't Rush to judgement.
But

♪I'm a New World Man♫

Tongue
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm)oggtheclever Wrote: But

♪I'm a New World Man♫

Tongue

Aztec, Mayan, Olmec, Toltec, Tollhouse?
"and you" LOL Smile

Where do we sign up for this sanity test? And can we get certified? *talk about baiting!* Big Grin
(April 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: "and you" LOL Smile

Where do we sign up for this sanity test? And can we get certified? *talk about baiting!* Big Grin

You know I've always been completely sane-ish. When the Dawk World Domination Campaign was running, I was a general, remember?
Are you asking this on the basis of do you FEEL insane because you feel like the only intelligent person in a crowded room full of smiling retards and you start to wonder if it's YOU instead?

That's what living in the Bible Belt makes you feel like on a daily basis.

I've never been in any situation worse than physical and emotional abuse and I think I've recovered quite nicely. I'd need a definition of sane and insane.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Are you asking this on the basis of do you FEEL insane because you feel like the only intelligent person in a crowded room full of smiling retards and you start to wonder if it's YOU instead?

That's what living in the Bible Belt makes you feel like on a daily basis.
I live near St. Loser, so I know how you feel.
Quote:I've never been in any situation worse than physical and emotional abuse and I think I've recovered quite nicely. I'd need a definition of sane and insane.
Hmmm. Is killing people "sane"? If they're trying to kill you, maybe, sure, why not? I think it's a matter of being "sane" in relation to the circumstances. John Steakley's Armor is a good example of that.

But I have people telling me I'm sane, so much so that the last four interviews were held by Skype so it could be flex-timed for the pshrink. I know I'm not the same sane I was forty years ago, or even ten years ago.
I am usually sane, with an occasional psychotic moment (seeing things that aren't 'actually there').

*Aerzia waits a rebuttal of her statement*
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day