Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veganism - the other OTHER religion
Veganism - the other OTHER religion
http://www.vegansoapbox.com/the-environm...mment-1601

If what you eat is “private” – and I used to think so “private” that it should be done alone. (For me, this was a subconscious acknowledgement to the suppressed guilt attached to eating flesh). Now I openly, acknowledge this shame is valid. I believe eating animals should be done behind closed doors. You don’t see murder or pedophilia or rape openly condoned in the streets, after all – do you?

For people to continue this shameful and disgusting act it would require that they get their animal parts and pieces wrapped in brown “butcher” paper, acquired from some hidden, underground (illegal) source of course. There would be no billboards or commercials suggesting such a “private” act as flesh eating. No bbq events dedicated to the ritual of consuming burned legs, thighs & breasts, no golden arches, no neon lit steakhouses, no singing “hotdogs” or “case ready” meats.

And maybe if such a world existed I could finally sit comfortably in any and all restaurants without watching parts of my friends being chomped on – inevitably ruining my wholesome and compassionate meal….

I agree – eating is a “private matter” when it involves the enslavement, torture and murder of innocent beings….. Oh yeah, and all the while causing catastrophic harm to the environment too.
RE: Veganism - the other OTHER religion
Read that today on fstdt. If we weren't supposed to eat animals, they shouldn't taste so good! Seriously, we evolved to eat both plants and meat, so that's what I'm going to do. And the whole veganism idea totally misses the fact that animals eat other animals. If man were the only animal that eats other animals for nourishment, they might have a leg to stand on. But it's always been a part of nature going back to the dinosaurs, and probably always will be unless all carniverous animals evolve to be herbivorous.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Veganism is harmful to the environment! What causes global warming? Excessive carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. What produces carbon dioxide? Animals! By eating animals we reduce the number of creatures producing carbon dioxide! And what is good in the atmosphere? Oxygen! What produces oxygen? Plants! Vegans who eat nothing but plants are DECREASING the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere because they eat the oxygen producers!

And vegans think they're helping the environment?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I have only one thing to say in reply.....

BACON

Thank you
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 28, 2011 at 10:02 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Read that today on fstdt. If we weren't supposed to eat animals, they shouldn't taste so good! Seriously, we evolved to eat both plants and meat, so that's what I'm going to do. And the whole veganism idea totally misses the fact that animals eat other animals. If man were the only animal that eats other animals for nourishment, they might have a leg to stand on. But it's always been a part of nature going back to the dinosaurs, and probably always will be unless all carniverous animals evolve to be herbivorous.

Always good to meet another FSTDT member. I dont mess around in their forums, but the main page I have been going to for many a year now. In fact I go to it every day when I go online.

I'm "reverendjeremiah" over there as well.

I can personally say that I have learned the most about religious laws and societies on that site, and the shared humor is excellent.
Forum rules.....
Quote:Please abide by the Vegan Soapbox Discussion Policy, which prohibits anti-animal and anti-human discussion, for example, no pro-meat, pro-dairy, pro-eggs, pro-hunting, racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, abilist or otherwise hateful comments.

A lot like the christian forums I've seen.....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I have one question for vegans:

Unless they want to come up with a comprehensive, gradual and humane way of controlling population levels and eventually phasing out the eating of animal products along with the slow decrease of the population...exactly how do they expect to feed humanity on plants alone?

I'm not even getting into the nutritional requirements that would have to be supplemented, I mean logistically... how are you going to feed the world's population on just plants?

PS: energy efficiency -

Have they forgotten the mass equipment needed to maintain large farms? Unless of course we go back to a sort of serfdom with a lot of manual labor.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I want it to be clear that my personal opinion on this matter is that I dont mind the vegetarians. The vegetarians in my opinion do it for themselves, and even though they may show a bit of outer disgust or contempt for eating animals, they do not try to legislate it and realize that everyone is different with different tastes. It could still possibly be argued that it is a religion to these folks as well, but that is another topic.

That is NOT the people I am mentioning in this topic.

I am talking about the extremists. The PETA Vegan's who want to legislate their views on everyone. The ones who would see no problem in millions of people dying because animal testing in science should be banned and said scientists should be taken to court for torture and murder. I am for SENSIBLE animal laws. Extremism never fits well with me, being slightly left of the center that I am. These people stand in front of McDonalds handing out toys with the clown cutting a chickens severed head...I know, I grew up in the Hampton roads area where they moved their headquarters.

Let me give you an example of how they have influenced our laws with their extremism:
http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archi...fault.aspx

PETA Wrote:But every once in a while, someone visits PETA headquarters with ill intentions—like the guy who dumped this sweet, starving, nearly-naked bag of bones in our parking lot late one August night and then tried to drive away

Not realizing that people were watching, the driver shoved an ailing cat, who has since been named Nadia, out of his car, and ignored the terrified and confused animal as she tried to get back into the car, running after it as the man drove away. Fortunately, he was spotted by two PETA Foundation staffers who immediately approached him and saw right through his lame excuses for dumping Nadia on the street.

It took us more than 10 days, during which time the temperature soared to more than 100 degrees, to catch the poor, petrified cat. When we finally did, we rushed her to a veterinarian, who determined that Nadia was 3 pounds (!) underweight—she weighed just 5 pounds—and that she was missing hair on more than half her body, likely because of a severe allergic reaction to fleas. Nadia has been recuperating in foster care ever since and is waiting for her new forever home.

As for the heinous man who attempted to abandon her, he had his moment in court on Friday. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of abandonment and received a suspended sentence of a $1,000 fine and five days in jail. He was also sentenced to two years of probation, during which time he cannot own or keep any animals, and he had to pay restitution to PETA. Most importantly, he learned that abandoning an animal is never an option, no matter the circumstances.
REALLY?!?!? Did the man have to be charged $1,000 on top of giving more of his money to fucking PETA?!? Five days in jail and two years probation? Of course this man was an ass for what he did, and the story about the animal was sad, but do you think PETA would stop there if they had their ways? Ignoring the fact that this article was written by PETA members who have been known time and time again to be lying and hypocritical in the news, that I am sure if it were up to PETA that this mans children would have been taken from him and he would have spent many a year in prison for it. These people are INSANE extremists, and they have influenced our local laws to boot.

As much as I distrust big pharma, these PETA people pound the big pharma for the WRONG reasons. Example:

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archi...court.aspx

eve 9tmp Wrote:to the evil scum that work in these places - what goes around comes around; what you sow, so shall you reap. anyone who thinks animal testing is necessary, do you think that THIS is? when are people going to learn, animals are not theirs to torture. it's way past time that vivsection was abolished. all power and grateful thanks to all you wonderful people who expose this for what it is.
[Image: peta.jpg]
The headquarters of the extremist assholes who hate their own incisors and canines
(April 28, 2011 at 10:35 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I have one question for vegans:

Unless they want to come up with a comprehensive, gradual and humane way of controlling population levels and eventually phasing out the eating of animal products along with the slow decrease of the population...exactly how do they expect to feed humanity on plants alone?

I'm not even getting into the nutritional requirements that would have to be supplemented, I mean logistically... how are you going to feed the world's population on just plants?

PS: energy efficiency -

Have they forgotten the mass equipment needed to maintain large farms? Unless of course we go back to a sort of serfdom with a lot of manual labor.

I don't care for vegetarianism, but from everything I've read growing plants is much more efficient than raising livestock.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
That video was fucking disgusting.