Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up
What's up
Sup homies.

I'm Karan,
Indian,

I like a science and I'm very scientific, that's why I've chose to become an atheist.
So I'll catch you guys around. Smile
RE: What's up
Welcome to the forums. Nice avatar.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 1, 2011 at 8:24 am)Karan Wrote: Sup homies.

I'm Karan,
Indian,

I like a science and I'm very scientific, that's why I've chose to become an atheist.

You like a science huh? which one is the one you like? Physics? Bioligy? Chemistry?

And you're very scientific? I'm curious, seen as this is the reason for your atheism can you let me in on the secret of where in science it says there is no god?

Welcome anyways Tongue
(May 1, 2011 at 8:24 am)Karan Wrote: Sup homies.

I'm Karan,
Indian,

You like a science huh? which one is the one you like? Physics? Bioligy? Chemistry?

And you're very scientific? I'm curious, seen as this is the reason for your atheism can you let me in on the secret of where in science it says there is no ODIN?

Welcome anyways Tongue
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Thanks for that ogg Smile
Welcome!

(May 1, 2011 at 8:24 am)Karan Wrote: I like a science and I'm very scientific, that's why I've chose to become an atheist.
That's an interesting deconversion - I wish I could say the same but I never actually chose to be an atheist. I didn't even realise I was one until I sought some sort of identity in the social context with regards to belief and lack of belief several years after my faith in the Christian/Pantheist God imploded when I finally accepted I had no good reason to think there was any creator since there was no evidence or logic to support it.
(May 1, 2011 at 8:24 am)Karan Wrote: I'm very scientific, that's why I've chose to become an atheist.
Non sequitur
Yeah, its a non sequitur fr0d0 Tongue People won't become atheists because of science, although I might argue that it helps alot Big Grin

Welcome Karan, may I ask you what religion you were before (if you had any to begin with)?
Karan Wrote:I like a science and I'm very scientific, that's why I've chose to become an atheist.

I was about to say how nonsensical this is... but fr0d0 beat me to it.

A non-sequiter is a conclusion that does not follow from the arguments.

And I also think it is amusing that you chose to become an atheist. The choice is made for you.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 2, 2011 at 12:35 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: And I also think it is amusing that you chose to become an atheist. The choice is made for you.

"The choice is made for you." hmm, an odd and cryptic statement ... mind if I ask what your reasoning behind this is - and why it's amusing?
[Image: Evolution.png]