Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can anyone be okay with Hell ?
How can anyone be okay with Hell ?
First, this post may be a bit emotional since i'm a bit shaken up, my brother, who i am really close with and who is not a fundie by any stretch of the imagination (he rarely even goes to Church) told me that i will be going to Hell when i die, and that i deserved it for being an atheist.

I simply don't get it...i mean Christians are always the first to talk about pity, and love, and acceptance...How can any Christian not go completely mentally insane about the idea that most people they see every day are going to burn forever in agonizing pain...the guy you pass on the bus, the co-worker who you talk about sports with...

I don't see how anyone can stay sane with that kind of fatality that the idea of Hell implies...

How can you be okay with anyone not sharing your beliefs ? How can you have someone you love not believing in God and not do every single thing you can to convert them ?

Is it that they just don't really believe it, or is it that they are entirely devoid of human emotions ?
RE: How can anyone be okay with Hell ?
(May 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: How can any Christian not go completely mentally insane about the idea that most people they see every day are going to burn forever in agonizing pain...the guy you pass on the bus, the co-worker who you talk about sports with...

How can you be okay with anyone not sharing your beliefs ? How can you have someone you love not believing in God and not do every single thing you can to convert them ?
It fills me with profound sadness every day.

Ultimately faith is a choice that we must all make. Belief is a personal thing, and though I may do everything in my power to help loved ones see what I see, in the end it is their choice to make and not mine. I must accept that I can do no more than support and love them as they make their choices in life, whether they be good or bad ones.

Quote:Is it that they just don't really believe it, or is it that they are entirely devoid of human emotions ?

Nah, you probably did something else to piss him off. "Jesus" is a weapon to some people. They trot out their fairy godfather when it suits them.
(May 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm)Watson Wrote:
(May 5, 2011 at 6:19 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: How can any Christian not go completely mentally insane about the idea that most people they see every day are going to burn forever in agonizing pain...the guy you pass on the bus, the co-worker who you talk about sports with...

It fills me with profound sadness every day.

Ultimately faith is a choice that we must all make. Belief is a personal thing, and though I may do everything in my power to help loved ones see what I see, in the end it is their choice to make and not mine. I must accept that I can do no more than support and love them as they make their choices in life, whether they be good or bad ones.

I can't make myself believe, and nobody else can. And yet we are told we are made the way we are by god, who then says the way he made us means we have to burn forever in hell.....yup, makes sense.

(May 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm)Watson Wrote: .....It fills me with profound sadness every day.....

That sadness must not be nearly as profound as your lust for the make believe comfort you derive from the infantile fantasy of a supreme sky despot holding out the presumable instantaneously renegeable promise to be particularly nice to you, or else you would ditch your supercilious christian conceit and be happy that all human suffering is limited to this life time.

(May 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm)Skipper Wrote: I can't make myself believe, and nobody else can.
Only God can
With faith in God, Skipper, all things are possible. Even belief for someone like you, who does not presently believe.
(May 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm)Watson Wrote: With faith in God, Skipper, all things are possible. Even belief for someone like you, who does not presently believe.

Yeah skipper, ALL things are possible ... and yet I remember when I was christian that less than 1% of my requestes to god were ever answered - but yeah, ALL things are possible.

*cough-bullshit-cough*
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm)fr0d0 Wrote:
(May 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm)Skipper Wrote: I can't make myself believe, and nobody else can.
Only God can

Well then he's pretty shit at his job.

(May 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm)Watson Wrote: With faith in God, Skipper, all things are possible. Even belief for someone like you, who does not presently believe.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

(May 5, 2011 at 7:16 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: I remember when I was christian that less than 1% of my requestes to god were ever answered
And should 100% of your prayers have been answered (affirmatively presumably)?

(May 5, 2011 at 7:17 pm)Skipper Wrote: Well then he's pretty shit at his job.
Or you're very good at resisting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11035 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11357 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 5595 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can anyone please refute these verses of Quran (or at least their interpretations)? despair1 34 6089 April 24, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Why Does Sincrety Make Everything Okay? Rhondazvous 16 3947 September 27, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5252 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7729 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Okay, You Were Born Gay...But You're Still Going To Hell! Nope 18 7558 December 15, 2014 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Can anyone provide an argument for a necessary being? Rampant.A.I. 43 9863 April 25, 2014 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  We can demonstrate that souls, if they exist, can't feel pain. Chad32 10 3830 January 27, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92