Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exile and Disestablishment
Exile and Disestablishment
Hi, I'm Tim.

I recently got the banhammer from atheistforums.com for puppetry because apparently they don't differentiate between two different people in the same house. Also, now their site is down because Infidel Guy couldn't pay the bills. As a result, you're probably going to see a lot of immigrants over the next few days. I see Gawdzilla is already here.

I became an atheist just over a year ago due to circumstances beyond my control. Maybe I'll tell you about it some time. It's a mildly amusing story.

Do you guys get many theists around here? Because I love nothing more than arguing with a YEC nut.
RE: Exile and Disestablishment
(May 7, 2011 at 10:27 am)tesseract7d Wrote: Do you guys get many theists around here? Because I love nothing more than arguing with a YEC nut.

You'll get the chance to argue with several :S Glad to have you on board...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(May 7, 2011 at 10:27 am)tesseract7d Wrote: Do you guys get many theists around here? Because I love nothing more than arguing with a YEC nut.

We've had quite a few in lately.

Welcome to the forums Smile
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Welcome to the forums. As per site rules we do allow differentiated accounts within the household you will nee to PM an administrator prior to registering or face an auto IP ban, though.

Welcome to the forums, and there are some theists a here. We have had a major influx of crazy lately, but hopefully you won't fit in withthat crowd Big Grin Happy posting.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Tess Wrote:I recently got the banhammer from atheistforums.com for puppetry because apparently they don't differentiate between two different people in the same house.
Not surprised one bit.
Tess Wrote:Also, now their site is down because Infidel Guy couldn't pay the bills. As a result, you're probably going to see a lot of immigrants over the next few days. I see Gawdzilla is already here.
Again, not surprised one bit. How many shows did he cry and beg for money before it happened?

Tess Wrote:I became an atheist just over a year ago due to circumstances beyond my control. Maybe I'll tell you about it some time. It's a mildly amusing story.
Sounds interesting, considering that most atheists came about ther lack of belief in a slow and exacting method.

Tess Wrote:Do you guys get many theists around here? Because I love nothing more than arguing with a YEC nut.
Swing over to the "challenge for Waldorf" topic if you want to meet the resident cretins. Fr0d0 and Tack are cool christians.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Seems like I chose just the right time to join. "Major influx of crazy" to me means "open buffet."

(May 7, 2011 at 10:53 am)tackattack Wrote: Welcome to the forums. As per site rules we do allow differentiated accounts within the household you will nee to PM an administrator prior to registering or face an auto IP ban, though.

No need. My cousin has decided not to use forums anymore, and he's the only other atheist living here.

reverendjeremiah Wrote:Again, not surprised one bit. How many shows did he cry and beg for money before it happened?

Strangely, there was no warning whatsoever. I suspect that he either forgot, or intentionally abandoned the site. Then again, he might have been begging for weeks. No one watches his show anyway.
Quote:Do you guys get many theists around here? Because I love nothing more than arguing with a YEC nut.

Too many....but they make good target practice.

Welcome. I'm a member of that other forum too. I didn't even know it was shut down until I saw your OP.
Feel free to partake in the donations to help keep this site running..even if it is a few dollars..everything counts.
We should be good for at least another year rev. We're (the admins) are going over some ideas to make next year easier than the simple donation drive.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exile Epimethean 24 4674 June 12, 2011 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Epimethean