Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:30 am

Poll: Favorite Atheist?
This poll is closed.
Christopher Hitchens
23.08%
6 23.08%
Daniel Dennett
11.54%
3 11.54%
Noam Chomsky
3.85%
1 3.85%
Richard Dawkins
34.62%
9 34.62%
Sam Harris
11.54%
3 11.54%
Peter Hitchens
0%
0 0%
Evilution
0%
0 0%
That would be me
15.38%
4 15.38%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Neo-Atheist?
Thumbs Up 
Favorite Neo-Atheist?
So who's it?

Mine would be Sam Harris. I love his lectures, could listen to him all day long. Worship
RE: Favorite Atheist?
Hard to say, almost all of the contemporary atheists I read about wouldn't lump themselves in with the Gnu Atheists, they tend to concern themselves with the philosophical arguments for and against theism, something most of the Gnu Atheists do poorly at, If I had to list my favorite Gnu Atheists it would be Matt Dillahunty and Dan Dennet and perhaps Richard Carrier if you would consider him a Gnu Atheist.

As for contemporary atheists: Tom Clark, Robert Price, John Danaher, Paul Almond, Ron Mallon, Robin Hanson, Alonzo Fyfe, Joshua Knobe, Juan Comestana, Eliezer Yudkowsky, Julia Gaelef and Luke Muelhausser.
RE: Favorite Atheist?
(May 11, 2011 at 8:11 am)theVOID Wrote: Bertrand Russel

Erm.. Could you edit the title to neo athiests?

Yeah Bertrand = Ledge ftr

edit: Thanks, did it meself. Tongue
RE: Favorite Neo-Atheist?
(May 11, 2011 at 8:10 am)Evilution Wrote: So who's it?

Mine would be Sam Harris. I love his lectures, could listen to him all day long. Worship

Ditto. His writing had a lot of influence on my thinking as I first got involved in the freethought movement.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Peter Hitchens is not an atheist, he used to be.
I voted for Sam Harris, just ahead of Peter's elder brother.
No idea what a 'Neo-Atheist' is. But I'm the only person on that list I particularly like, so I voted likewise.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm)Maria Wrote: Peter Hitchens is not an atheist, he used to be.
Peter Hitchens is not an atheist, he used to be.
Is it? News to me. I don't follow him that often, though. What is he, Jewish now?

PS: Chris Hitch is my 2nd fav too Smile

(May 11, 2011 at 1:45 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: No idea what a 'Neo-Atheist' is. But I'm the only person on that list I particularly like, so I voted likewise.

Would you be okay with contemporary atheist then? Thinking
My ranking is Christopher Hitchens, then Victor J Stenger, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and lastly Richard Dawkins.
(May 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm)Evilution Wrote: Is it? News to me. I don't follow him that often, though. What is he, Jewish now?

Peter Hitchens is a Christian now, his book The Rage Against God is featured a bit in the Christian bookshops I pass by.
undefined
(May 12, 2011 at 4:33 am)Atman Wrote: My ranking is Christopher Hitchens, then Victor J Stenger, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and lastly Richard Dawkins.
(May 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm)Evilution Wrote: Is it? News to me. I don't follow him that often, though. What is he, Jewish now?

Peter Hitchens is a Christian now, his book The Rage Against God is featured a bit in the Christian bookshops I pass by.

Wow. That's bit of a shocker for me. I'm Sorry

(May 12, 2011 at 5:27 am)Evilution Wrote:
(May 12, 2011 at 4:33 am)Atman Wrote: My ranking is Christopher Hitchens, then Victor J Stenger, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and lastly Richard Dawkins.

Wow. That's bit of a shocker for me. I'm Sorry

That is okay, not many people know Christopher Hitchens has a brother, let alone that brother is a Christian.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  H.P Lovecraft is my favorite atheist Kinkimoro 12 1614 September 15, 2018 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Why do neo marxist professors always wear 50s glasses, isnt it racist? Demi92 14 2828 July 7, 2018 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Joods
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4055 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Favorite Atheist? TrueChristian 6 1455 February 26, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Favorite Atheist books? TrueChristian 15 4134 December 31, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  Favorite Atheist Poet? Mudhammam 5 1516 August 9, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Natachan
  Favorite atheist personality? Chad32 56 11433 December 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  favorite atheist book undercoverclam 19 6881 June 14, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: HAL9000
  Meliorism - The rise of neo-atheism and the fall of reason ManMachine 118 58096 April 25, 2013 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Favorite Atheist Author Atheistfreethinker 16 3379 August 29, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Bandoman