Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your favorite current Atheists?
Who are your favorite current Atheists?
Who do you follow in the Atheist community?

Personally, my favorite is the "Pope of Atheism" himself, Matt Dillahunty. I am also a big fan of Tracie Harris, Jeff Dee, Steve Shives, Scott Clifton, Richard Coughlan, PZ Myers, Richard Carrier, Susan Jacoby, Aron Ra, Martin Wagner, Jenny McDermott, Captain Andy, Laci Green, Rebecca Watson, CJ Werleman (yes, I know and I still enjoy his work), HannibalTheVictor13 and Jennifer McCreight. I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

Also, even though he doesn't like to use labels such as Atheist, I also have to add Neal Degrasse Tyson.
RE: Who are your favorite current Atheists?
Generally, I'm pretty pleased with myself.
Reginald Finely is the first to come to mind, though he hasn't been active in a while.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(March 16, 2015 at 5:21 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Reginald Finely is the first to come to mind, though he hasn't been active in a while.

He sold off AF.com and now works in Florida I believe.

I've never followed any atheist on YouTube or in general life really.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Dan Dennett
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm sorry, but I can't hold this in. PZ Meyers is a total twat.

I like a lot of different atheists, but most of those are for reasons that have nothing to do with their atheism. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that has anything to do with atheism is Ricky Gervais.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm sorry, but I can't hold this in. PZ Meyers is a total twat.

I like a lot of different atheists, but most of those are for reasons that have nothing to do with their atheism. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that has anything to do with atheism is Ricky Gervais.

Why is that? I personally enjoy his work. I became a fan when he exposed a certain horrible person in the atheist community who shall remain nameless. Big Grin After I spent some time reading through his work, I really gained a lot of respect for him.

I wasn't really thinking of comedians when I made my OP but now that I think about it, I would also add Patton Oswalt to the list.

(March 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Alex K Wrote: Dan Dennett

I have heard Matt Dillhunty and several others mention him but I haven't had a chance to check out any of this work yet.
(March 16, 2015 at 5:09 pm)abentwookie Wrote: Who do you follow in the Atheist community?

Me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I've always disliked myers and A+ mainly because A+ itself is generally as welcoming to people who don't espouse their given political/social ideas as ISIS is to, well, anyone who doesn't espouse their beliefs. Minus the beheadings and burning alive of people, naturally.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(March 16, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm sorry, but I can't hold this in. PZ Meyers is a total twat.

Why is he a total twat? He seemed reasonable most of the time...

(March 16, 2015 at 5:50 pm)abentwookie Wrote: I have heard Matt Dillhunty and several others mention him but I haven't had a chance to check out any of this work yet.

A philosopher who knows the science. What's not to love. I just like his style - he's very smart, unyielding, yet manages to be charming in the process.

Here's maybe an illustration of what I mean (starting near 15:00)

Some important works - Consciousness Explained, Darwin's Dangerous Idea, Breaking The Spell.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2554 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 557 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists: Your facade cant disguise Renio92 19 2127 September 2, 2020 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4301 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What is your stance on magic fellow atheists ? tahaadi 42 4438 October 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite atheists (Fictional or real) NuclearEnergy 48 9196 December 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 26711 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4006 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Will you raise your children as Atheists? Kloud 54 10396 December 20, 2014 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue