Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orgasms and Pain Control
Orgasms and Pain Control
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21...tml?page=1

In my studies of Tantra *cough* (long ago Undecided).. I found that orgasm combined with focus on a goal increased the mental acuity needed to realize the goal.. The orgasm helped focus in a way.. That is, if one were not mastubatorially orgasmic and involved with a partner who shared the goal.. *uncomfortable silence - trying to speak on a subject that makes me blush.. yet sparks my curiosity none the less*

I'm interested in the research..
RE: Orgasms and Pain Control
I was about to say try breath control, but I have my doubts on how well that would work with focusing on a goal. Thinking
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
And all this time I thought orgasm was the goal. Shit.

What other goal would you be thinking of whilst approaching orgasm? Balancing your checkbook? Passing a job interview? Losing those extra few pounds? Thinking
(May 13, 2011 at 10:50 am)FBM Wrote: And all this time I thought orgasm was the goal. Shit.

What other goal would you be thinking of whilst approaching orgasm? Balancing your checkbook? Passing a job interview? Losing those extra few pounds? Thinking

I think of libertarian economics.

Makes everybody scream it seems...
When an orgasm entirely interrupts your thought process... how on earth would that help you think about something else? Not to mention that you first have to achieve that orgasm, and good luck doing that while thinking about the likes of math.

Surely you mean the after-effect of orgasm on the brain, which I would compare to a great deal of mental fatigue, or eating a lot in one sitting.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
As I understand it.. The goal is similar to that of our best scientists wherein they expend tremendous amount of energy wrestling with problems they wish to solve.. then they rest.. go to sleep.. or do some other rejuvenating act and the answer "comes" to them...

In this regard.. again, as I understand it.. in Tantra.. you and your partner are ideally not just lovers but partners in life.. working towards similar goals.. the goals could be as mundane as which bill to pay to how to start a family business.. to wrestling with the ethical philosophical problems.. The point is that there is a union of effort..

The goal of love making is then not the release of fluid after pleasureable friction.. but natural and organic coming together in another realm where you both utilize one another to rejuvenate one another.. You are each other's rest.. sleep..

Sex then is transformed from a tool that you two use to pleasure one another.. but it becomes a tool to rejuvenate one another... The subtle difference if it is missed.. I believe is that with the former.. orgasm is the end and the only goal.. and with the latter is a stepping stone to further union .. it is part of the path that you two are on..

I hope that helps.. I'm doing the best I can to explain it as I remember it...

This study essentially says that the brain is active in creating pleasure.. and has a large role to play .. though researchers have yet to derive anything conclusive..

I was thinking that the brain is a tool that enhances and possibly creates a pleasureable experience.. it can also control that experience and create links to other pleasureable moments.. including goals one has set..
(May 13, 2011 at 10:50 am)FBM Wrote: And all this time I thought orgasm was the goal. Shit.

I think my wife just tries to keep the sewing neat. She is handy with a needle and thread.
Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I don't give a shit what she's thinkin about while we're fuckin.

Sex is primal - it's supposed to be. I aint about to start over analyzing yogurt slinging.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 13, 2011 at 9:48 am)Eudaimonia Wrote: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21...tml?page=1

In my studies of Tantra *cough* (long ago Undecided).. I found that orgasm combined with focus on a goal increased the mental acuity needed to realize the goal.. The orgasm helped focus in a way.. That is, if one were not mastubatorially orgasmic and involved with a partner who shared the goal.. *uncomfortable silence - trying to speak on a subject that makes me blush.. yet sparks my curiosity none the less*

I'm interested in the research..

Dont the Wiccans call this "sex magic".. its sounds almost exactly like it.
(May 13, 2011 at 6:28 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: I don't give a shit what she's thinkin about while we're fuckin.

Sex is primal - it's supposed to be. I aint about to start over analyzing yogurt slinging.

LMFAO..Purple helmeted yogurt slinger.
(May 13, 2011 at 11:24 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote:

I think of libertarian economics.

Makes everybody scream it seems...

Sounds like an effective birth control measure, tho, seeing as how it would chase the orgasm away, too.