Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Atheist Film
Short Atheist Film
Last year I wrote and directed a short atheist film called 'Vessel in Vain'. I originally wrote it to help a friend through some hard times he was having with life and his beliefs but found it to be my own last step between agnosticism and atheism.

Best viewed in HD:

"Vessel In Vain" is a drama short that tells the story of one man's spiritual travels with his urn.

Though the script had been wrote some time before shooting we only had the shortest production period and there are some glaring technical errors, but as my first real film I do hope you enjoy.

RE: Short Atheist Film
Powerful. At the end, he took off his wedding band. Was it his wife who passed away?

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Thank you. Yes, you're spot on. It was his wedding band and the urn contains the ashes of his wife who has passed (he's still wearing his funeral attire also) though the ring and urn are largely symbolic of the death that looms over us and we carry as if a weight on our minds. I think people get to wrapped up in providing meaning and relentlessly pondering over what comes that they often overlook what they have now.
Great film Gazz, I liked it a lot.
That guy looks a lot like Naveen Andrews (Sayid Jarrah) from Lost.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Wow... you have a lot of talent and so does the actor! I enjoyed it and it was touching. Clap
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thank you guys for watching the film. I'm humbled by your responses.

(May 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm)orogenicman Wrote: That guy looks a lot like Naveen Andrews (Sayid Jarrah) from Lost.

We've been saying that to him since we watched the first episode together. He does a great Sayid impression with the "we have to triangulate the signal" line Big Grin
(May 18, 2011 at 11:15 am)Gazz Wrote: Thank you guys for watching the film. I'm humbled by your responses.

(May 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm)orogenicman Wrote: That guy looks a lot like Naveen Andrews (Sayid Jarrah) from Lost.

We've been saying that to him since we watched the first episode together. He does a great Sayid impression with the "we have to triangulate the signal" line Big Grin

Charlie: They'll find us. They have satellites in space that can take pictures of your license plate.
Sayid: If only we were all wearing license plates.

Smile
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
loved it
Great! I shared it on my facebook page. That was shot with a 5D Mark II? I have that camera. Love it!
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ostrich the Flightless Bird - African Wildlife Documentary Film with Narration WinterHold 24 1362 October 14, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Godzilla Short Animation Mechaghostman2 1 417 January 3, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Shia LaBeouf film makes £7 in openeing weekend. downbeatplumb 10 2694 April 9, 2017 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump vs. His favorite film. Rev. Rye 6 898 February 7, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  And the name of the new Christian propaganda film is... Faith No More 27 4267 August 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Best animated short film you have ever seen? Jay1982 6 2429 November 14, 2011 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Erinome
  Short Stories. Dotard 17 34677 December 22, 2008 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet