Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shia LaBeouf film makes £7 in openeing weekend.
Shia LaBeouf film makes £7 in openeing weekend.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39501196

Quote:War movie Man Down, which also stars Gary Oldman, Jai Courtney and Kate Mara, made £7 on its opening weekend.
Or - to put it another way - the film sold one adult ticket.
To put that into perspective, Beauty and the Beast took a further £6.75m over the weekend.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Shia LaBeouf film makes £7 in openeing weekend.
I'll save you all some time:

Quote:Why so low? Well, to be fair, it did only open in one place: the Reel Cinema in Burnley.
(April 7, 2017 at 5:15 am)Isis Wrote: I'll save you all some time:

Quote:Why so low? Well, to be fair, it did only open in one place: the Reel Cinema in Burnley.

But one person though.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 7, 2017 at 5:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 7, 2017 at 5:15 am)Isis Wrote: I'll save you all some time:

But one person though.
Don't know if I feel most sorry for the film people, the cinema, or that poor person who went on their own [emoji38]
I don't have the exact quote, but Daniel Tosh mentioned Shia's semen in regards to Tom Cruise on his show, and I've been a Shia fan (well, his jism at least) ever since.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 7, 2017 at 5:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: To put that into perspective, Beauty and the Beast took a further £6.75m over the weekend.

To put even more into perspective Emma Watson's previous movie "The Colony" made only £47 in its opening weekend. So what does this tell us?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

Couldn't help it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Looks like he forgot to hook up with Serendipity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Dude is a fucking hack. Did anyone see that Nymphomaniac movie? Terrible. Surprised it even sold one ticket. Fuck Shit leboof.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

Yeah there really is no movie stars anymore. It's not like say 90's where you could make any movie and just put Jim Carriey or Arnold S. or Bruce Willis and expect people to come just for name. What differed those movies then and now that people changed their relationship with them we can only guess. My guess is that people are more informed what plays in cinemas unlike in the past where people mostly knew from posters and they saw face that they liked in the past so what the heck. And also the prices have gone up.
Few years ago it seemed like studios were trying to make Johny Depp into that kind of a star creating excitement like "Can't Johny Depp play just about anything" but needles to say it didn't work.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ostrich the Flightless Bird - African Wildlife Documentary Film with Narration WinterHold 24 1294 October 14, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  South Park makes another ep about Catholic Church Fake Messiah 9 1556 October 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Trump vs. His favorite film. Rev. Rye 6 894 February 7, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Doctor makes fans day at the Doctor Who Experience Cyberman 3 1308 March 31, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  And the name of the new Christian propaganda film is... Faith No More 27 4243 August 7, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  A Drone for the Easter Weekend JesusHChrist 0 625 April 18, 2014 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Aha... Now It Makes Sense....er, cents. Minimalist 1 1081 August 27, 2013 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Best animated short film you have ever seen? Jay1982 6 2420 November 14, 2011 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Erinome
  Short Atheist Film Gazz 10 3313 May 22, 2011 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Gazz
  'Sam Harris makes a joke and a point' Edwardo Piet 0 1841 December 20, 2008 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet