Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XBox 360
XBox 360
Although the device has been in the house for over two years now ive never had the inclination to play it as our collection of games for it is pathetic, I can't get over the noise of the fan and I'm sure my contempt for Microsoft hasn't helped. I hear people left right and centre praising its online service as a redeeming feature but I've never been to try it as some cretin in redmond decided to sell them without wireless connectivity. That is until now. I've set up my netbook so a device connected to its network port will connect to the internet through its wireless connection. I've connected the xbox to the netbook and have just completed the xbox'(s?) first update ever. Im pleased to see that confusing sliding panel interface gone and replaced with something that wouldn't look out of place on a more elegant screen. I've signed up to XBox live and am left thinking: Now what? Has anyone got any surgestions to what I should be doing to fully exploit Xbox live?

Thanks,
RJH.
Hoi Zaeme.
RE: XBox 360
Play Halo 3 online. It's by far the most popular game for the Xbox. I'm also pleased the slding interface has gone, but it really wasn't that confusing. Overall I think the Xbox is probably the best value for money out of all the 2nd Gen consoles. The PS3 is too expensive, and the Wii hasn't got the FPS market at it's disposal, so for FPS games the Xbox 260 is by far the best.
Can we avoid discussing the other consoles please? Things could get ratty if we do.

Is halo 3 online free? If so, grand. If not then I'm afraid it isn't an option as this thing seems to use a currency unknown to man, machine and Chuck Norris.
Hoi Zaeme.
(February 13, 2009 at 3:51 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Play Halo 3 online. It's by far the most popular game for the Xbox. I'm also pleased the slding interface has gone, but it really wasn't that confusing. Overall I think the Xbox is probably the best value for money out of all the 2nd Gen consoles. The PS3 is too expensive, and the Wii hasn't got the FPS market at it's disposal, so for FPS games the Xbox 260 is by far the best.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but...
Microsoft Wrote:Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on Unique Users)
1 CoD: World at War
2 Halo 3
3 Call of Duty 4
4 Gears of War 2
5 Left 4 Dead
6 GTA IV
7 Fallout 3
8 FIFA 09
9 Guitar Hero World Tour
10 Madden NFL 09
See here.
Sidenote: Ugh, Windows Server Tongue
And no, rjh, nothing on Xbox Live comes for free.
All online games on the Xbox are free. That's why you pay the yearly subscription charge. Unless of course you have the silver XBox Live membership, which means all you get to do is download updates. The gold membership is £39.99 a year.
I'm not going to pay a subscription for a device I (my brother, I by extension) fully own >.>
Im hovering over GTA: SA. I'm thinking of getting it but it says its 1200 somethings (so much for the free argument) and I'm not sure what that is in real money or how I'm supposed to pay it.
Question then. The cheapest subscription seems to be less than some of these games. If i pay for a cheap subscription and download all the games i want will they still work at the end of the subscribed period?
Hoi Zaeme.
(February 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm)rjh Wrote: I'm not going to pay a subscription for a device I (my brother, I by extension) fully own >.>
Im hovering over GTA: SA. I'm thinking of getting it but it says its 1200 somethings (so much for the free argument) and I'm not sure what that is in real money or how I'm supposed to pay it.
Question then. The cheapest subscription seems to be less than some of these games. If i pay for a cheap subscription and download all the games i want will they still work at the end of the subscribed period?
XBL doesn't work like that. The subscription is just for online matchmaking and the like. DLC, arcade games and Xbox Original games still have to be purchased via micropayments.
And another thing. As i was signing up to xbox live it said I am intitled to a gold subscription for a month. How do I tell if that's kicked in? If it is, why is it asking for money? :S

(February 13, 2009 at 4:32 pm)michaelh Wrote: XBL doesn't work like that. The subscription is just for online matchmaking and the like. DLC, arcade games and Xbox Original games still have to be purchased via micropayments.

Then what exactly is free with gold which isnt with silver?
Hoi Zaeme.
(February 13, 2009 at 4:32 pm)rjh Wrote: And another thing. As i was signing up to xbox live it said I am intitled to a gold subscription for a month. How do I tell if that's kicked in? If it is, why is it asking for money? :S

If you check out your profile in the Xbox Guide there should be a band across your 'gamertag'. If its silver, you have a silver account. If its gold, you have a gold account.
With a gold account you can play multiplayer games online. With a silver account you cannot.

Read here: http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/xbox-l...rence.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a better question, Xbox 360 or PS3? leo-rcc 49 13536 November 16, 2009 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Tiberius