Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Gender Roles
On Gender Roles
Funny thought.. After 3 days of moving my ex-roomie to her new apartment and my next roomie in with me, assembling my bf's tv-table while he was peeling potatoes didn't seem like such a big deal. It just made me think, is it ok for a dude to make a "sammy", when the girl is doing something considered to be manly stuff? After all these years, have the gender roles changed; or are they still the same? Am I the only girl that has played with Lego robots sometime in the past?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: On Gender Roles
*Transexual will not enter this discussion until late, as she can't stop laughing and laughing and laughing and then laughing some more*

ROFLOL

Sorry that I can't give you my input right yet XD

ROFLOL

Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Oh Sae, please don't laugh at me for being a tomboy. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 2, 2011 at 4:44 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Oh Sae, please don't laugh at me for being a tomboy. Big Grin

Believe me... that's not it at all Heart
(June 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:

Believe me... that's not it at all Heart

Oh dear, I feared as much.. We'll talk about this tomorrow, when I'm not intoxicated, right? Big Grin

hmmm...Im thinking I am a Bull dike lesbian trapped in a male's body.
(June 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Oh dear, I feared as much.. We'll talk about this tomorrow, when I'm not intoxicated, right? Big Grin

Maybe I will be able to look at that post without laughing tomorrow XD

I doubt it somehow Heart I'm not laughing at you, believe me... just at what you said, because it was funny Tiger
(June 2, 2011 at 5:33 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: hmmm...Im thinking I am a lesbian trapped in a male's body.

Then you obviously despise that accursed cancerous growth perma-chained to you and further feel wholly inadequate sexually whether or not you are one of the most skilled women sexually on the planet.

It isn't that it is there, remember... it is that it can't be removed.

No? Perhaps you be thinking something silly then Heart
Kayenneh Wrote:It just made me think, is it ok for a dude to make a "sammy", when the girl is doing something considered to be manly stuff?

NO. Get off of my ps3 and get back in the kitchen! Wink
(June 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Funny thought.. After 3 days of moving my ex-roomie to her new apartment and my next roomie in with me, assembling my bf's tv-table while he was peeling potatoes didn't seem like such a big deal. It just made me think, is it ok for a dude to make a "sammy", when the girl is doing something considered to be manly stuff? After all these years, have the gender roles changed; or are they still the same? Am I the only girl that has played with Lego robots sometime in the past?

Many decades ago, marriage was not just on love but functionality too. A system that has been in play for hundreds of years. An unwritten rule if you will. The wife would be expected to maintain the house hold while the man goes out to bring in money. Wife does the cleaning and cooking, while the husband focuses on the financial support and other less major matters.
But over time things really have changed. Equality has taken a brilliant leap where women are far more independent and now are also expected to do either as much or even more than men. Equal effort and mixed work, on the end run result, it increases efficiency, stability and equality.
And so, with today's level of equality, it is expected to see women do things that was once only for men. I know a few women who decorate a whole house all on their own. From tilling, to flooring and even moving furniture. A man's job is no longer a man's job but a persons. Big Grin

Equality, it is a beautiful thing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
@Rev. Jere: You a dyke!? I'd sooner be an asexual amoeba! Big Grin
@Sae: Well, I guess the jokes on me then XD