Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Game/s History?
Favourite Game/s History?
I'm in a kinda bored mood and fancy discussing some games.
If you're not into gaming in the slightest then you're in the wrong part of the forumWink I'm just gonna give a bit of my history when it comes to gaming, so brace yourself!

Here goes.
I have several favourite games. My first 'favourite' game was rayman. At the age I played it I didn't understand fuck all of what was going on in it. I just enjoyed playing it. I didn't even aim to complete the levels. Another game which I enjoyed of the same time was Earthworm Jim. Earthworm Jim was the very first game I remember playing properly. And it was fucking awesome.

After this came the ps1 years, and I know many may say their favourite game from this era was crash bandicoot, but fuck that. I liked a game called SOUL REAVER. That game was frickin epic. Again at the time I barely cared for the story, it was just fun interacting with the game world and doing all the cool things you could do.

After this I got a ps2, and around the same time got the original shitbox. By far my favourite game of this time was star wars KOTOR. This game is quite frankly a masterclass. It was the first game which I got thoroughly involved with in terms of story, and i'll never forget the amazing times i've had with this one. I still remember to this day when I actually figured out that the main character you were playing as was the most badass sith lord in the whole galaxy. That was a jizz in your pants moment!

The ps2 had a whole load of cool games, but my favourite games here were the mortal kombat series, and GTA san andreas. GTA san andreas is quite possibly the greatest game ever created in my opinion.

Onto the ps3 then. I have to say my favourite game on the ps3 is fallout 3. It's also the first game I've ever 'platinumed', or completed to 100%. Why fallout 3? Because of the sheer scope of what it allows you to do. Up until playing it I couldn't even comprehend that a game could be so massive and immersive. After this though I went back and discovered oblivion. Another favourite game of mine. I first played oblivion a good two years after it was released however, so I didn't get the wow factor from it I probably should. Still a brilliant game though.
My final favourite game i'd like to mention is Mass Effect 2. Although i've never played the original mass effect 1 (being a proud ps3 only owner Smile) I still appreciate all this game has to offer. And again the story from bioware was absolutely epic.

This is a pretty long read, so thanks for giving it the time of day if you have.

I just wanted to get some real discussion going about some games, as there doesn't seem to be much on these atheist forums!
So feel free to share some favourite games of your own, or any moments which you have particularly enjoyed about gaming.

Thanks again, and please post away! I'm eager to hear my fellow atheists talk some gaming Smile

RE: Favourite Game/s History?
I do not remember the first game this platform played, but I deem it likely that it was minesweeper.

Mass effect 2 wouldn't have been nearly so incredible if I hadn't played 1 and gotten to see what my choices in that game did. The Rachni queen is out and moving around the galaxy again, and the Krogan genophage is over. Ashley is dead and I didn't cheat on Liara T'Soni once I finally played through my continuity game (Aerzia) awaiting ME3 Smile And Mass Effect three will blow everything out of the water.

I have a similar thing going on with the elder scrolls... I am immersed in the game's story to the point that even if the game sucks: I will still play it to know the story behind it better. And Skyrim, at least, is not going to suck Tongue

I suppose a great deal of my gaming history is in WoW... which i unexpectedly dropped like a hot pile of shit once I started playing Rift. I'm not so into talking about gaming at the moment... I've been a little busy learning to play MoO2 and MoM, which are decent games if you don't hack with creative or cheat by casting way too much Earth to Mud Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Rome Total War

I'm playing The Witcher right now & it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. One of the coolest intros I've ever seen for an RPG as well.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(June 2, 2011 at 7:53 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Mass effect 2 wouldn't have been nearly so incredible if I hadn't played 1 and gotten to see what my choices in that game did. The Rachni queen is out and moving around the galaxy again, and the Krogan genophage is over. Ashley is dead and I didn't cheat on Liara T'Soni once I finally played through my continuity game (Aerzia) awaiting ME3 Smile And Mass Effect three will blow everything out of the water.

I have a similar thing going on with the elder scrolls... I am immersed in the game's story to the point that even if the game sucks: I will still play it to know the story behind it better. And Skyrim, at least, is not going to suck Tongue

Yeah I'm propper bummed that I haven't played the first. But like I said I still appreciate what the game is, and it's definitely one of the best i've played.

And you're right. Skyrim is most definitely NOT going to suck. I reckon as soon as that comes out, I can say goodbye to my life. Tongue
(June 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote: After this came the ps1 years

What console did you play Rayman on? I had it on ps1, and it was also my first "favourite" game. I was also playing Crash Bandicoot at that time and Worms, because Worms is pretty much the best multiplayer game ever written Big Grin

(June 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote: original shitbox.

Oh, you're one of those. I never really understood console fanboyism.

KoTOR was a great game (I loved HK-47 Big Grin ), the follow-up was fun but a little disappointing.
I really liked Oblivion, when you first come out of the sewer and see the surrounding landscape, I must have sat staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open for a good 10 minutes!
I'm not much of a shooter fan, but Halo was very good (and multiplayer is awesome). Great storyline too, and the soundtrack is amazing.
I loved Dead Space too, nothing beats that "holy fuck, I think I need to change my trousers" feeling. Never got round to completing it though.

These days I only have my laptop with me at uni to play games on, so it's mostly WoW and Civ4, but i'll probably pick up a few new console games over the summer, anyone have any recommendations?
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(June 3, 2011 at 5:07 am)lilphil1989 Wrote:
(June 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote: After this came the ps1 years

What console did you play Rayman on? I had it on ps1, and it was also my first "favourite" game. I was also playing Crash Bandicoot at that time and Worms, because Worms is pretty much the best multiplayer game ever written Big Grin
I played rayman on the ps1. Like I said I barely understood what I was doing in it, but I still remember having loads of fun on it.
Worms? Holy shit forgot about that, I actually bought worms armaggedon for my ps3 from the ps store!

lilphil Wrote:
(June 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote: original shitbox.

Oh, you're one of those. I never really understood console fanboyism.
I'm not a fanboy in the slightest. I refer to the original xbox as the original shitbox because I had no end of problems with it. Aside from it completely destroying discs it blew up after 5 months. When you compare that to a ps2 which lasted 9 years without fail you can kinda see why I call it a shitbox Wink

liphil Wrote:KoTOR was a great game (I loved HK-47 Big Grin ), the follow-up was fun but a little disappointing.
I really liked Oblivion, when you first come out of the sewer and see the surrounding landscape, I must have sat staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open for a good 10 minutes!
I'm not much of a shooter fan, but Halo was very good (and multiplayer is awesome). Great storyline too, and the soundtrack is amazing.
I loved Dead Space too, nothing beats that "holy fuck, I think I need to change my trousers" feeling. Never got round to completing it though.
Listen Meatbag! Lol HK-47 was a mint character. Despite all the negative reviews I actually still enjoyed the second edition of KotOR. It wasn't really obsidians fault IMO, they did what they could in order to get the game out quickly enough so that lucas arts didn't throw a tantrum. The only thing that was weak in that game was the story, but when you consider KotOR to be mainly story based, it does damage the game somewhat yeah.
Oblivion is amazing. I think i've played around 250 hours. Thats all I have to say for that game Tongue
Shooters? Yeah never been that big of a fan, but i'm enjoying black ops at the moment seen as all of my friends play that too. My KD is currently 1.82 which i'm happy about Smile
Never played dead space except for the demo. I don't like games that make me shit my pants Sad

lilphil Wrote:These days I only have my laptop with me at uni to play games on, so it's mostly WoW and Civ4, but i'll probably pick up a few new console games over the summer, anyone have any recommendations?
I'd say Mortal Kombat. That's the next game on my list. Before you buy though probably check out the demo, so if you enjoy that then I guess go and buy it. Other wise it's LA Noire.
Not sure what else really, they are the only console games I see worth my time at this point.
These are my favorite games in order of the generation of consoles they came from starting with the 8-bit nintendo.

Legend of Zelda/Metroid - Don't make me choose between the two
Phantasy Star IV
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Metroid Prime
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Here are my favorite PC games
Doom
Warcraft 2
Duke Nuke 'em 3D
Quake 2
Halflife 1 & 2

As for recommendations, there are a piss-load of awesome games slated to come out this year and I probably won't be able to get them all but here is a list of the top ones I want to get in order of most to least anticipated.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Rage
Ocarina of Time 3D(Of course you'd have to buy a 3DS first but I bought one specifically to get this game)
Uncharted 3
Infamous 2
Star Fox 3D(again a 3DS is needed)
Resistance 3
Batman Arkham City
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
DEMON'S SOULS. You won't regret it! Trust me! But it now! Hand your money over to ATLUS!
(June 4, 2011 at 9:31 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: DEMON'S SOULS. You won't regret it! Trust me! But it now! Hand your money over to ATLUS!

I think I've seen a video review of that. I think they said it was very dark and difficult. Could be wrong though. Not suggesting either of those things are bad either mind you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite DOS games Edwardo Piet 20 1971 October 25, 2015 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Mikazuki
  Favourite video game franchises/genres Dystopia 57 8991 February 2, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Your favourite mobile games Jacob(smooth) 6 1346 March 26, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: No_God
Question Favourite Videogame Music? Walking Void 7 1540 August 9, 2013 at 4:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Your Favourite Final Fantasy? TheStateIsALie 29 6541 July 16, 2013 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  Most racist moment in Video Game history? WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 18 11393 July 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Napoléon