Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for freethinkers
Question for freethinkers
This is a question for atheists, deists and such. If you were to be asked what is God like and why in case he existed what would you say? The answer should be based on your observation and reflection of everything that has surounded you. Also try to look into your emotions. Thanks
RE: Question for freethinkers
Your question confuses me... would you rephrase it please? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm)Pel Wrote: This is a question for atheists, deists and such. If you were to be asked what is God like and why in case he existed what would you say? The answer should be based on your observation and reflection of everything that has surounded you. Also try to look into your emotions. Thanks

Which God? Undecided
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(June 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm)Pel Wrote: This is a question for atheists, deists and such. If you were to be asked what is God like and why in case he existed what would you say? The answer should be based on your observation and reflection of everything that has surounded you. Also try to look into your emotions. Thanks

No idea about the nature of something I don't believe exists.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Let's say someone proves to you there is God, but that proof doesn't tell you anything about him. How would you describe him by looking at the existence. I am asking you to pretend. It's same as if you asked me what would be the reasons for you to say maybe there is no God. Like things that have tested my faith. I understand this is a hard task. Thanks
(June 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm)Pel Wrote: Let's say someone proves to you there is God, but that proof doesn't tell you anything about him. How would you describe him by looking at the existence. I am asking you to pretend. It's same as if you asked me what would be the reasons for you to say maybe there is no God. Like things that have tested my faith. I understand this is a hard task. Thanks

I would say that the proof fails my test of proof. I don't like pretending.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
One cannot prove something to me without telling me anything about it. That would not be possible, I would at least have what the proof told me of it.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I think he's just trying to say, if you could envision a god existing, what would be it's attributes.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 4, 2011 at 6:45 pm)tackattack Wrote: I think he's just trying to say, if you could envision a god existing, what would be it's attributes.

Sorry, stupid question to pose to us.
Why is it a stupid question? Having a creativity lapse or just don't like thinking outside the box?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari