Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guilty
Rainbow 
guilty
by observation here are a few tools christians use to convert the lost

-guilt.... if you believe you have killed an innocent man and or have "sinned" ( ten commandments ) most of the time humanity is more than willing to make it right....therefore becoming a christian

-hunger/poverty.... if a missionary has food wouldnt it seem logical that you would be more inclined to hearing the message?

-unintelligent.... its an easy win to convince "unintelligent" people to come to christ... dare you use science? Tongue ( to make sure everyone knows..... im talking about the people christians are trying to save and i 100% respect most christians on this forum)

just a few things ive noticed FSM Grin
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
RE: guilty
(June 6, 2011 at 1:53 pm)bbrettle Wrote: by observation here are a few tools christians use to convert the lost

-guilt.... if you believe you have killed an innocent man and or have "sinned" ( ten commandments ) most of the time humanity is more than willing to make it right....therefore becoming a christian

I saw a documentary earlier this week in which it transpired that Duch, Pol Pots chief executioner converted to christianity a few years after his crimes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/wo...043309.ece

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 6, 2011 at 1:53 pm)bbrettle Wrote: by observation here are a few tools christians use to convert the lost

-hunger/poverty.... if a missionary has food wouldnt it seem logical that you would be more inclined to hearing the message?

-unintelligent.... its an easy win to convince "unintelligent" people to come to christ... dare you use science? Tongue

just a few things ive noticed FSM Grin

That stuff must be drawn on the back of your eyelids.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 6, 2011 at 4:03 pm)Godschild Wrote: That stuff must be drawn on the back of your eyelids.
We scare you, don't we?
Calling theists "unintelligent" is false, stupid and arrogant...

Alot of very smart people are theist, they just have one part of their brain blocked off, doesn't mean that the rest doesn't function perfectly well.

Would you call every addicted person in denial "unintelligent" ?
Would you call every person that believes in UFOs "unintelligent" ?
Would you call every person who says their country is the best country in the world "unintelligent" ?

And people wonder why atheists have a bad reputation...that kind of speech really doesn't help...
(June 6, 2011 at 5:21 pm)Rwandrall Wrote: Calling theists "unintelligent" is false, stupid and arrogant...

And people wonder why atheists have a bad reputation...that kind of speech really doesn't help...

I could be wrong but I don't think he was calling all christians unintelligent.

I think he was saying that those non-believers who are unintelligent are an "easy score" for Christianity. (And I would agree.)

I think that's what he meant.
[Image: Evolution.png]

"its an easy win to convince "unintelligent" people to come to christ....." thanks thats what i was saying

i edited the post to make sure it sounds the way i wanted it to
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
(June 6, 2011 at 4:24 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote:
(June 6, 2011 at 4:03 pm)Godschild Wrote: That stuff must be drawn on the back of your eyelids.
We scare you, don't we?

Not in the least!
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Not in the least!

Sure we do. We are living proof that not everyone lives in terror of your murderous sky-daddy. Your type can't handle that. We must keep your pants permanently stained yellow.
man fears what they do not know..... and most christians have no clue how to talk or even what atheist's, agnostics, deists are....... but im thankful for the ones that do Smile thanks for expanding your mind

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 9230 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 807 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ex-priest guilty of conspiring to kill boy who accused him of rape Ziploc Surprise 4 2660 May 19, 2012 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist