Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demonstration against Sharia Law
Demonstration against Sharia Law
Someone was complaining about the lack of anti-religious demos in the UK. Well, here's some information you might find interesting Big Grin

March 7, 2009, North Terrace, Trafalgar Square , 3:30-4:30pm

Symbolic demonstration in support of one law for all in Britain and against religious based tribunals followed by a march to Red Lion Square from 4:30-5:30pm

March 7, 2009, 6:00-8:00pm, Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square , London WC1R 4RL

Public Meeting on Sharia Law, Sexual Apartheid and Women's Rights

Speakers include: Sargul Ahmad (International Campaign against Civil Law in Kurdistan Iraq head), Yasmin Alibhai-Brown (Journalist and British Muslims for Secular Democracy Chair), Naser Khader (Democratic Muslims Founder), Gina Khan (One Law for All Spokesperson), Kenan Malik (Writer and Broadcaster), Yasaman Molazadeh (One Law for All Legal Coordinator):Maryam Namazie (Equal Rights Now – Organisation against Women's Discrimination in Iran and One Law for All Spokesperson), Pragna Patel (Southall Black Sisters and Women Against Fundamentalism founding member), Fariborz Pooya (Iranian Secular Society and Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain Chair), and Carla Revere (Lawyers' Secular Society Chair).

Not sure if I'm going or not at the moment, but I'm certainly hoping to.
RE: Demonstration against Sharia Law
Why do they have to fudge it? I mean I'm very interested in opposing Sharia Law ... I'm not particularly interested in protesting sexual apartheid (whatever that is) and women rights.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator