Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cards Against Atheist Forums
We've all played the popular card game "Cards Against Humanity", and if you haven't, what are you, some kind of card hating, humanity loving hippie?

For the rest of us who like playing the most offensive card game ever made, there has been a noticeable lack of cards referring to a certain atheist forum (this one), and yes, we know that the pack comes with blank cards, but we don't want people to have to bother finding a decent pen, and then agonizing over what to actually write on the cards. Plus, let's be honest, you'd all be terrible at it.

So it is with great pleasure that I announce the first official Atheist Forums game:

Yes, for the past few weeks, myself and others (mostly myself) have come up with 50 black cards, and 200 white cards, and arranged them lovingly in a set which you can all buy for the high, high price of $33.99 (plus shipping and handling).

https://www.cardcastgame.com/browse/deck/XB9H2

"Oy!", I hear you cry, "I'm poor and cheap and also I hate you, I don't want to spend $33.99 (plus shipping and handling) on a game that I can't play with anyone because I'm the only person in my family/school/church/strip-club (delete as appropriate) that knows about this forum."

We hear you, and to be honest, even I, Tiberius, receiver of all the Patreon monies, wouldn't spend a dime on such a crappy set of cards. In that light, we have made it so you can use the cards FOR FREE!!! online, and this thread will serve as a place to organize and arrange card games with your fellow forum members! Here's how:

1. Go to: http://pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp
  2. Set your nickname to your forum nickname (or something similar).
  3. Click "Create Game".
  4. In the "Chat with game members" section, type "/addcardcast XB9H2" (without quotes) and press enter. This will load the "Cards Against Atheist Forums" deck.
  5. Adjust the game settings to your liking, and share the game link (the URL) with people in the forums (in this thread if you want).
  6. When you have enough players, click "Start Game" and have fun!

If you have suggestions for more black or white cards to be added to the official "Cards Against Atheist Forums" deck, please feel free to suggest them in this thread, and if we like them enough, and like you enough, maybe we'll include them, but probably not. Your cards suck.

Enjoy!

RE: Cards Against Atheist Forums
Join me in a game: http://pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=86

Game started. Arrange more!
New game open here for anyone who wants to join: http://pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=121
I must admit that I have no idea what Cards Against Humanity is.

[Image: paperbag1.gif]
Exactly zero people are surprised, Min. Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 31, 2017 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I must admit that I have no idea what Cards Against Humanity is.

An endlessly addictive game of fill in the blanks (with pre-written cards or blanks you write yourself) where one person judges the funniest answer from everyone else, who then gets a point, then it cycles onto the next person as judge, until someone's got say 10 points and wins. It's great for piss-taking, and great for honing your wit. I think you'd love it Wink
I'm such a square that my game knowledge at this point extends mostly to Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand. I blame my daughter for that. Smile
But I'm game, I'll give it a try, although I'm a little puzzled at the link in Step 1 of the OP - maybe bugs are still being worked out? I'll keep checking back, sounds like fun!
(March 31, 2017 at 6:07 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: I'm such a square that my game knowledge at this point extends mostly to Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand. I blame my daughter for that. Smile
But I'm game, I'll give it a try, although I'm a little puzzled at the link in Step 1 of the OP - maybe bugs are still being worked out? I'll keep checking back, sounds like fun!

The site looks like a work in progress... and has done ever since I started using it, ages ago... but it works fine, and is actually very impressive when actually playing the game... real time chat while you play and everything about the game - dealing cards etc - being pretty automatic. If you're worried about its work in progress-ness you don't have to be because it's all on the fly... you don't set up an account or anything, you just put in a username for a session as it were - no password required or anything, play a few rounds, leave, then it forgets you and you put in a new (same or different) username next time. Have fun Smile
(March 31, 2017 at 6:22 pm)emjay Wrote:
(March 31, 2017 at 6:07 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: I'm such a square that my game knowledge at this point extends mostly to Chutes and Ladders and CandyLand. I blame my daughter for that. Smile

The site looks like a work in progress... and has done ever since I started using it, ages ago... but it works fine, and is actually very impressive when actually playing the game... real time chat while you play and everything about the game - dealing cards etc - being pretty automatic. If you're worried about its work in progress-ness you don't have to be because it's all on the fly... you don't set up an account or anything, you just put in a username for a session as it were - no password required or anything, play a few rounds, leave, then it forgets you and you put in a new (same or different) username next time. Have fun Smile

Cool, thanks, emjay Smile
(March 31, 2017 at 4:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I must admit that I have no idea what Cards Against Humanity is.

I've played this.

[Image: trump-against-humanity-party-game-sid-le...ive-10.jpg]

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 19851 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4733 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 26604 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6098 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 10648 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7134 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3185 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 3478 March 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 4248 December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016! Tiberius 13 2988 December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive