Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Christianity dead?
Is Christianity dead?
I would like to think that within the near future this will be true but i could be wrong

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illino...-dead.html

Manowar
RE: Is Christianity dead?
Nope. And even if it eventually does die out , we still have to figure out how to shut the muslims up.
[Image: Evolution.png]

From the article Wrote:Is this psychological warfare to demoralize the Christian Right out of politics?

Sounds like paranoia and conspiracy theories to me.

But no, the Christians are still as prevalent as ever. They may just be re-grouping.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Nope..Christianity is not dead. Quite frankly I would prefer to see Islam die off before Christianity
Xtianity has fractured into thousands of splinter groups which makes it less effective and will probably contribute to its ultimate downfall. Its the 21st century and a lot of people are simply realizing that they no longer need any 'gods' to get them through their day. Xtianity is dying in Europe and the early hints of its demise in the US can be seen.

As noted, however, even without them we'll have the towel-heads shrieking about their fucking allah and stuff.
Do I have to say that Islam is a much greater threat to reason and freedom than Christianity currently is? Islam needs to go, but they have made sure that NOBODY in their jurisdiction is able to make a speech of reasons for freedom without paying HEAVY consequences. These mother fuckers just recently tortured to death a 10 year old boy..SCUM..enemies of science and freedom! Disgusting tyrants!
To be honest, I think reasoning won't do. Ultimately and much like any human progress, the ending of islam (at least the most fundamentalist ones) must be ended by war. War is the ultimate equalizer. Don't get me wrong, war is a horrid business, but when the shepherds have all the control over the sheep, sweet words won't do.
For one thing, the death of Christianity has been predicted for numerous generations. And there is often a pattern to it; as Christian zeal ebbs and flows, it is marked by non-Christians noting its downward trend only to be embarrassed when that zeal resurges once again. And there is once again a resurgence underway that is taking its first steps, yet to be measured and accounted for (particularly in the form of Reformed theology or Calvinism). Second, reports like this are timely; i.e., they usually arise as Easter approaches, and often around Christmas too. A story like this might be more noteworthy (less predictable) if it came out, say, in August.

And third, that article makes a gross confusion, pointing to the rise of "the religiously unidentified" and concluding that "atheism is the new trend." Religiously unidentified simply means the person does not identify to a specific religion, that they have a sort of do-it-yourself religion. That does not indicate atheism, which is identifying to no religion.
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
Good point RYFT, including the fact that many christians consider it in vogue to say "Im not religious, I just have a personal relationship with Christ and live my life according to the bible"

..at the same time, the same people will say; "I am not interested in the religion of atheism. Religion is man made.. Christ is the creator."

Of course, if they have a problem, they are the first to say; "I live in America, where I have religious freedom!". Usually when they say that, they mean that they feel "persecuted" because the law stops them from forcing their religion unto the masses using government funding or official support.

Sadly, words and definintions more and more are being watered down by those on the extreme fringes of religious beliefs as the days go by.
My father-in-law recentely joined Jehova's Withnesses, and yesterday he was talking about it, how he felt more happy having a community, etc. No point here for me to burst his bubble, to me is all good until he mentioned that blood transfusions are 'evil' and that he was told by people there that even non JW doctors don't use transfusions, they have other methods. This made impossible for me to not burst his bubble, because its a LIE, a stinky disgusting LIE. And he absorbed everything they said without critical thinking.

I have no problem with people having their spiritual beliefs, but when those beliefs interfere with reality I'll be all over it.