Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryptozoology
Cryptozoology
Cryptozoology is the only pseudoscience I have any time for, due to the short degree of separation between it and real science. It's like taxonomy practiced by the beer and pretzels crowd, and without its obsession with the largest and most fabulous of creatures would probably be seen as a benign amateur sub branch of zoology.

Does anyone have examples of pseudoscience with less fantastic claims?
RE: Cryptozoology
What about pyramidology? That one's a hoot.
Trying to update my sig ...
Homeopathy, it claims it's medicine. Biggest scam going.
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
I like Photoshopology

[Image: greatwhiteseagull.jpg]
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
While these are amusing suggestions; I'd argue they are more fantastic in their claims. If you define chiropractics as a pseudoscience, then that would be a candidate.
Well, there ya go, taking care of your own requests. Is self-reliance a pseudoscience?
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 17, 2011 at 9:52 am)Epimethean Wrote: Well, there ya go, taking care of your own requests. Is self-reliance a pseudoscience?

Aaaa-no. And back to the "if", chiropractics is usually referred to as an alternator medicine.
(June 17, 2011 at 10:02 am)martin02 Wrote:
(June 17, 2011 at 9:52 am)Epimethean Wrote: Well, there ya go, taking care of your own requests. Is self-reliance a pseudoscience?
Aaaa-no. And back to the "if", chiropractics is usually referred to as an alternator medicine.

Alternative medicine is a synonym for 'utter shit.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
To quote Tim Minchin: "You know what they call alternative medicine that has been shown to work? Medicine."
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Ancient astronaut theory. Bonkers Panic
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]