Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Hello everyone, I am roadkill1001 (or James if you would prefer) and I hope I get the chance to be better acquainted with you all (or at least some of you)

I decided to join here due to the lack of interest people have in my area. I live in the UK, so it is not as if we have Christian or islamic fundies openly shoving their metaphorical penis down my throat (although I did see a Creationalist in town one day, that was amusing). I feel that although my area is quiet and relatively peaceful, other areas of the world are not and even in Britain their is an unheard of war going on with Sharia courts magically poofing into existence all over the shot, yet no one takes notice.

I am an anti-theist and before anyone gets the wrong idea I shall explain in greater detail. I do not oppose the belief there may be a chance of a god, or even a god that likes to control who I look at, who I court with etc. I do however oppose the people that expect others to follow these said nonsense requests. So to all atheists, anti-theists, Christians, muslims, hindus Jews and deists a like, hello!

RE: Hello!
Since we already have a James here (Anymouse), I'm gonna call you Roadkill. Hello and welcome! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, roadkill.
Hello and welcome to the forums.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Quote:(although I did see a Creationalist in town one day, that was amusing).

We have one here....he's a fucking barrel of laughs.

Welcome, R-K.
(June 22, 2011 at 3:24 pm)Roadkill1001 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am roadkill1001 (or James if you would prefer) and I hope I get the chance to be better acquainted with you all (or at least some of you)

You can't use James, I am already using that. Pick another. Smile

Welcome aboard (or maybe a-forum). Most of the people here are fair in demeanour, pleasing to the eye, and soft of speech (yeah right Smile ).

Generally the discussion is reasoned and well-thought-out, regardless of position. Rarely does someone have to stoop to the ruse of name-calling or worse to "prove" whatever point they are trying to prove.

It's not my forum, but I reserve the right to welcome anyone.

James. Accept no fraudulent and dangerous substitutes. Smile Always ask for me by brand name.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Can I call him... Harry?

Moose.

Hi.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I offer a welcome on the condition I can call you Flat Meat.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
It's a toss up between Harry or flatmeat

Start voting!
(June 23, 2011 at 6:31 am)Roadkill1001 Wrote: It's a toss up between Harry or flatmeat

Start voting!

What's wrong with Harry Flatmeat, votes can't be trusted anyway, all manner of boring people vote.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5994 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates