Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey hey hey.
Hey hey hey.
Hi, I guess I'm not really sure what to label myself as. I don't appreciate organised religion as a whole, (although I can appreciate the benefits of Sky Cake), but I also don't like to label myself as straightforward atheist with all the various tags this has come to receive, (i.e. Dawkins speaks for all of us and whatever).

I follow the principles of science based logic and reason I suppose generally speaking. I'll mention what always irks me about any religious debate though which is the hardlined religious people with their passive-aggressive faux-tolerance tones when debating. Sorry, that sounds like I'm being hypocritical, (which I guess I am slightly), but I thought I'd just say that now to get it out the way as it does annoy me.

Anyhow, that's me in a nut-shell Smile
RE: Hey hey hey.
Ho, ho, ho and welcome! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You like to guess alot Jimmy. That's not such a good thing you know Wink

Welcome to the forums anyhow Big Grin

Not all religions are organised. Wicca, Discordianism (the epitomy of unorganised religion), a whole host of religions are not organised. Organised ones do try to paint themselves as the "one true way" though, over all the other "one true ways."

Dawkins only speaks for himself. Dawkins is an atheist is not the same as atheists are all like Dawkins, although many organised religious folk try to contend that they are equivocal. One could use the same argument: Sarah Palin and Barack Obama are politicians. All politicians are like them.

Welcome a-forum. I get to welcome everyone, because it is not my forum.
James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
hey Jimmy

Like the Patton Oswalt reference. Thumb up

WELCOME
[Image: Evolution.png]

Welcome, Jimmy.
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 23, 2011 at 11:16 am)Napoleon Wrote: You like to guess alot Jimmy. That's not such a good thing you know Wink

Why is that, it's the sure of them self people that get us killed.

Keep on doubting Jimmy. FSM Grin

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(June 23, 2011 at 11:40 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: Why is that, it's the sure of them self people that get us killed.

Doubting is different to guessing.
(June 23, 2011 at 11:41 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(June 23, 2011 at 11:40 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: Why is that, it's the sure of them self people that get us killed.

Doubting is different to guessing.

Not sure is better than wrong.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(June 23, 2011 at 11:44 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: Not sure is better than wrong.

Exactly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hey Hey ashes0486 15 1513 December 17, 2013 at 6:53 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone