Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From saved son of God to doomed Atheist monster in one easy step.
From saved son of God to doomed Atheist monster in one easy step.
Ignorance, ignorance and a little more ignorance is how I spent at least 5 years of my life as a Christian.

Evolution: meh I didn't understand it. so it didn't happen
Gays: Bible says its wrong so i thought that too.
Harry potter : the guy is a wizard says it all ............................eviiiiilll
Abortion : you are killing innocent babies, baaaad
Morals: you only had morals if you believed in God

The irony is it wasn't until I read a very Christian book that I began to question,a book called "The Dawkins delusion" by Alistair McGrath. which Got me to read "the God delusion" which led to reading numerous books supporting atheism so and and so forth until I had a balanced view of my religion. I also had more knowledge about Christianity enough to question it.

This wasn't a decision made on the spur of the moment I drew it out over months. I had quite an active church life. I Played guitar in a worship band. (D,A,EM and G chord progressions for the win) led an alpha course and had aspirations of becoming an officer in the salvation army( basically a priest) So realising that given an objective view Christianity isn't all i thought it was was actually the easy part. leaving church was the hard part I got dis-owned by a most of my friends. my social life became non-existent which i found very hard to deal with, even up to the point i tried to force myself that It was Satan leading me astray. That didn't work though lol

Becoming an Atheist is a decision I would make time and time again. It has gave me a thirst for knowledge that was suppressed as a Christian and alerted me to the dangers and judgemental attitude of my Christian beliefs

well thanks for taking time to read my mutterings. hope you enjoyed Big Grin

I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
RE: From saved son of God to doomed Atheist monster in one easy step.
Join another band..go play bars and make some money and make new friends.

Too bad you dont live near me in NC, I would gladly jam with you.
You should come over here, England. [Image: flag45.gif]
Very few theists over here. Many atheists.
A few jolly buggers here and there. You might occasionally spot the odd lunatic, but they are widely ignored.

Anyway, welcome to the forums old chap.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(June 26, 2011 at 10:38 am)Ace Otana Wrote: You should come over here, England. [Image: flag43.gif]
A few jolly buggers here and there. You might occasionally spot the odd lunatic, but they are widely ignored.

Youve got to watch out for those english chaps...I hear they try to talk you into pulling your pants up to your nipples and then sing cheesy, nonsensical folk songs while swaying back and forth together in the local pub.
(June 26, 2011 at 10:47 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(June 26, 2011 at 10:38 am)Ace Otana Wrote: You should come over here, England. [Image: flag43.gif]

Youve got to watch out for those english chaps...I hear they try to talk you into pulling your pants up to your nipples and then sing cheesy, nonsensical folk songs while swaying back and forth together in the local pub.

Not all of us you jolly git.
Besides, every Friday and Saturday nights we're too busy getting into pub fights to do anything else. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
lmao.

Well I do come from Scotland. which is basically the same as England but we get to show of our legs in kilts lol.

yeah that's something I did do. Joined a band. Big Grin Though if I am ever in NC I will gladly jam
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
(June 26, 2011 at 10:58 am)thebigfudge Wrote: lmao.

Well I do come from Scotland. which is basically the same as England but we get to show of our legs in kilts lol.

yeah that's something I did do. Joined a band. Big Grin Though if I am ever in NC I will gladly jam

I thought the only difference between scotland and England was that Scotland had more friday night fist fights out in the street.
(June 26, 2011 at 10:58 am)thebigfudge Wrote: lmao.

Definitely not the same as England... You degrade us by saying that Tongue
I see you are from Glasgow. I am from Dundee, so reaosnably close by...Well to be exact, I stay in Broughty Ferry. If you know Dundee then you will know the difference.

What sort of music do you play? Im in a blues rock trio, but I am looking at doing other things so if you are ever up here then It would be cool to jam.
Cunt
Hey welcome TBF! Big Grin

I'm ex Salvation Army too and know ignorance of Christianity must be greatest in that sham of an organization. I think Jesus would agree with your reasons there.
(June 26, 2011 at 11:52 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I think Jesus would agree with your reasons there.

He'll still be going to hell though eh? Wink

Welcome to the forums fudge Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm saved! (Thanks in part to Thomas Paine) Bunburryist 15 3834 August 9, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Deconversion of a Preacher's Son Old Baby 2 1363 February 22, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  Being an OCD atheist is not easy Beta Ray Bill 9 7647 July 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Beta Ray Bill
  I converted. But it's not easy. InevitableCheese 38 9760 May 21, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Sal
  It was the magic underwear that saved me! BadSheep 13 7105 April 29, 2012 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Heff