Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blagojevich Convicted
Blagojevich Convicted
Associated Press

Quote:A jury has convicted Rod Blagojevich of trying to sell or trade President Barack Obama's old Senate seat and other corruption charges.

Jurors delivered their verdicts Monday after deliberating nine days.

Blagojevich had faced 20 charges, including that he sought to sell or trade an appointment to President Barack Obama's vacated Senate seat and schemed to shake down executives for campaign donations.

Yahoo News, Via AP

*Edited to add another link.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
RE: Blagojevich Convicted
Is prison where all Illinois governors go after they leave office?
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Is prison where all Illinois governors go after they leave office?

Ha! It would seem so. I'm a fairly new resident to IL, and the corruption is astounding, although I shouldn't be surprised, seeing as corruption is everywhere.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Chi-Town shadiness.
Trying to update my sig ...
Corruption charges: because some people thought of fucking others over in a way that companies hadn't gotten to yet. Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted? Jehanne 30 2085 August 30, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Instead of wastefully executing those convicted to death... Violet 19 10082 May 4, 2013 at 12:34 am
Last Post: cratehorus