Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:26 am

Poll: If charged, what will be the outcome?
This poll is closed.
Guilty
33.33%
2 33.33%
Not guilty
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted?
If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted?
This poll is open to consider any crime in any jurisdiction, whether federal, state, county or even local.
RE: If Trump is indicted or charged, will he be convicted?
Even if he's found guilty, nothing of significance will happen to him. Due to him having been a former president, he'll receive a slap on the wrist. After all, did Nixon go to prison for his crimes?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Tricky Dick got his pardon, even though he had not even been indicted by the House.
(August 23, 2022 at 9:48 pm)Tomato Wrote: Even if he's found guilty, nothing of significance will happen to him. Due to him having been a former president, he'll receive a slap on the wrist. After all, did Nixon go to prison for his crimes?

Nixon was pardoned less than a month after he resigned. Trump hasn't been pardoned, so therefore, the analogy is imperfect.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I doubt he will get much as far as a legal punishment is concerned. If it keeps him from running again, I will be somewhat satisfied but then there's the issue of what his loyal MAGAts will do.

All I know for sure is that I am so sick of seeing his face, and the faces of his spawn, pop up. I am just so over his classless self.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Trump did his job. He gave idiots their voice. From here on, they will go loudly into that horrible night.
~ Erin Hunter
(August 23, 2022 at 10:14 pm)Tomato Wrote: Trump did his job. He gave idiots their voice. From here on, they will go loudly into that horrible night.

Ain't over 'til it's over, and I think that it may get uglier before it gets better.

I think that you may be right about the slap on the wrist, unfortunately. Other democratic countries have sent their leadership to prison, but the US seems to revere the leadership too much for that. I'd pay money to see that SOB looking out a window with prison bars, with his spawn and in-laws to either side. I'd click off right away though; the whole crew turns my stomach.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It could happen that his getting convicted could screw the ( D ) party out of the next presidential election.

It' s sort of the same thing as when they ran Hillary....

She was universally hated by the Republicans - and a fair number of Democrats hated her - allowing a shit candidate - Trump - to best her..... If the Dems had run just about anyone else - Trump never would have won.

Biden was enough to beat Trump - and he was frankly - a pretty lame candidate.

If Trump runs again - Biden is likely to beat his ass again.

But take Trump out of the picture??? 

What if Pence gets the ( R ) nod?

Pence would get all the republican votes - and gee - wasn' t he just soooo reasonable not taking Trump' s cue to screw the last election results??? That could snare him all the swing voters - and even some democrats who are pissed off about the current state of affairs......

We could end up with a whackadoodle religitard in charge..... Pence just isn't right in the head.....

Moral of story -

Be careful what you wish for....
Republicans aren't brave enough to stand against the corruption within their own party, and as a result they will make of this continent a veritable Clown Country.
~ Erin Hunter
(August 23, 2022 at 10:26 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: What if Pence gets the ( R ) nod?

Pence would get all the republican votes - and gee - wasn' t he just soooo reasonable not taking Trump' s cue to screw the last election results??? That could snare him all the swing voters - and even some democrats who are pissed off about the current state of affairs......

We could end up with a whackadoodle religitard in charge..... Pence just isn't right in the head.....

Moral of story -

Be careful what you wish for....

1) Given all the rioters at the Capitol who were literally calling for him to be lynched specifically because he refused to go along with Trump’s election horseshit, I suspect that’s going to lose him quite a few votes. 

2) With all the unpopular shit the Republican Party has done in the past couple years, from the mainstreaming of blatant white supremacism to outright refusing to do anything about the COVID-19 pandemic besides race-baiting against China to the recent reversal of Roe, I highly doubt that there’s going to be that many votes swinging to Republican, especially if Trump is out of the picture. 

3) A “whackadoodle religitard” like Pence is still a lesser evil than Trump. At least he’s not a complete psychopath like Trump. Just enough of a sociopath to get ahead in the Republican Party and not much more.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9152 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Micheal Flynn charged Aroura 33 3633 December 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3073 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4028 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1639 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1268 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Rick Perry Indicted Minimalist 34 3853 August 20, 2014 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ford executives charged with torture and kidnapping cratehorus 6 2544 May 23, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Sal