Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's it goin yall.
How's it goin yall.
Just dropping in to say hi, introduce myself after an initial flurry of posts (gotta work that post count). Been a constant lurker in this forum and others like it, a lot of familiar posters. Decided I'd finally add my own voice to the echo chamber, so to speak. Hope to fish out some good conversations from all the noise (and snipe at tragically misinformed OP's of course). Wish me luck.
RE: How's it goin yall.
(June 28, 2011 at 1:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Just dropping in to say hi, introduce myself after an initial flurry of posts (gotta work that post count). Been a constant lurker in this forum and others like it, a lot of familiar posters. Decided I'd finally add my own voice to the echo chamber, so to speak. Hope to fish out some good conversations from all the noise (and snipe at tragically misinformed OP's of course). Wish me luck.

Well, then, welcome a-forum. As I do not own this forum, I reserve the right to welcome anyone who comes here.

As you have probably found by now, most of the folk here are affable and easy to get along with; there are a few monotheist zealots that make drive-by posts to stir up trouble, but the majority of them are actually interested in discussion. (I don't call it debate, because debate implies when your evidence or position are shown to be lacking, and you cannot account for it, you should shift your position, and most Christians will not). And then there is me, in neither category. - James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Good. A reformed lurker!

Not a point in getting a higher post count unless you're in my position (about to pass Adrian, but that's only because he hasn't been posting so much and just can't keep up with my natural posting every day)... there is no reward for a higher post count. Take it from the top Tongue

I wish you good luck then, former lurker Smile So pleased you gave up that evil.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Not a point in getting a higher post count unless you're in my position (about to pass Adrian, but that's only because he hasn't been posting so much and just can't keep up with my natural posting every day)... there is no reward for a higher post count. Take it from the top Tongue

I'll catch you when you get old and die.

Welcome Newbie!
Hi Rhythm, welcome from a fellow newbie. And good luck. FSM Grin
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(June 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Not a point in getting a higher post count unless you're in my position (about to pass Adrian, but that's only because he hasn't been posting so much and just can't keep up with my natural posting every day)... there is no reward for a higher post count. Take it from the top Tongue

I wish you good luck then, former lurker Smile So pleased you gave up that evil.

I feel it's the quality of my posts that count, not the number (Quality? Hahahahaha).

And I was never one of those evil lurkers; after I left that other atheist forum I was on that I will not name, I joined after about five minutes here. (I just had this innate need to comment.) And your avatar is cute. That won me over.

I've found this place to be refreshing: little in the way of personal attacks, well-thought posts (except mine), and generally a happy place, not unlike Tellytubby land. (Ducking from the machine gun fire over that remark).

James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Quote:there is no reward for a higher post count.

THERE ISN'T?
It's a sense of personal satisfaction is all. That and I spend the majority of my day with 3 children under 3 years old, so having a conversation that isn't about m&m's, bottles, and the joys of using the toilet give me strong incentive to up my post count.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome to the forum, Rhythm.

You'll manage to get a high post count if you keep up the rhythm that you're going by. But, just don't let it interfere too much with the rhythm in your real life, Rhythm. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hola yall. DocChartreuse 15 1040 November 24, 2020 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello yall! Salty Amy 21 3844 August 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Salty Amy