Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britney Spears: Semiconductor physicist.
Britney Spears: Semiconductor physicist.

One of the longest running gag sites on the Web is the Britney Spears Primer on Semiconductor Laser Physics Website.

http://britneyspears.ac/ Yes a little known fact: Britney Spears is a particle physicist. That Website has photos of Spears, with the various maths functions of semiconductor physics drawn and equations labelled on the curves of her body, posing before particle accelerators, posing with famous physicists, computer wallpapers of those photos and maths charts on her body, lyrics sheets, Britney bling shop, and a special blog that Ms Spears updates herself. Really.

She and the Website owner were even interviewed for the tongue-in-cheek Website in Scientific American and the BBC. Who says science education can't be sexy? Just needs a little imagination, and Britney Spears has long lent her name and photos to this Website on Ascension Island (a very lonely place with nothing to do obviously).

I always get a kick out of this site when I need a quick jolt of humour. (OK so I am easily amused.)
James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Britney Spears: Semiconductor physicist.
Hell, that's kinda cool.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The physicist believer Dr. Aron Wall Jehanne 0 300 January 30, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for a Physicist chimp3 22 1887 October 6, 2016 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Ask a physicist to speak at your funeral. Creed of Heresy 2 1055 March 7, 2014 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat