Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idiotisms
Idiotisms
I hear a lot of stupid shit, particularly in this other forum I frequent, everyday. Some of it makes me laugh and I always mean to share it here, but I often forget. So, I started this thread so I can share all of the idiotisms I find with you all and I hope that you will share yours with me. I know we do this in a lot of other threads anyway, but this one is dedicated to the stupid shit people say.

Quote:Everytime, that you write a check..

Everytime, that you sign a document that requires a date.. It testifies of the death of Jesus Christ..

You might ask how? 2011 A.D. A. D. stands for After the Death of Jesus Christ.

B. C. stands for Before Christ.. Not before Allah, Not before Buddha, but Before Christ..

My response was, after another member pointed A.D. does not stand for "After Death," who the fuck writes A.D. on a check?

Quote:God is longsuffering that none should perish..

Quote:Hell was mentioned in the gospels 7 times.. Matt 5:22, Matt 5:29, Matt:16:18, Matt 11:23, Luke 16:23

Note that the quote immediately above this is the full text of the quote. No, this person does not possess basic counting skills.
RE: Idiotisms
Sure...thats convincing enough..Praise Jesus, Im a born again Christian now
The following is from a thread about gay marriage. This guy brings race into every freaking discussion we have. This was absolutely unprompted. He talked about gay marriage and how he hates in your face homosexuals and then went on to say. . .

Quote:As far as the N-word, OMG don't say that word! That WORD HAS POWER! Nobody say the word! It takes me back to the slave days! I can hear tha cane squeezins a'boilin'... ah hell, now ya dones gib me back a drawl, what wit tha power at that they-errr ward.

Oh, sorry, I forgot for a second that I was never there, neither was Kanye, neither were you, so put your big-boy panties on and get the fuck on with your life. Does anyone actually SAY that in hatred anymore? I mean really, when was the last time anyone here actually heard someone use it in its real pejorative sense, not this uber-mystical no-mans-word it has become.
(June 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm)Shell B Wrote: The following is from a thread about gay marriage. This guy brings race into every freaking discussion we have. This was absolutely unprompted. He talked about gay marriage and how he hates in your face homosexuals and then went on to say. . .

Quote:As far as the N-word, OMG don't say that word! That WORD HAS POWER! Nobody say the word! It takes me back to the slave days! I can hear tha cane squeezins a'boilin'... ah hell, now ya dones gib me back a drawl, what wit tha power at that they-errr ward.

Oh, sorry, I forgot for a second that I was never there, neither was Kanye, neither were you, so put your big-boy panties on and get the fuck on with your life. Does anyone actually SAY that in hatred anymore? I mean really, when was the last time anyone here actually heard someone use it in its real pejorative sense, not this uber-mystical no-mans-word it has become.

This is typical for fundies, especially of the racist kind. Words for these people are all about making you do what THEY want, act like THEY want you to act, and basically to do their bidding. Do not expect logic, or consistency in these peoples words and actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarian_personality

This person is an Authoritarian Personality. When he says "Does anyone actually SAY that in hatred anymore?", he really means "I want to be able to say that word in hatred in public without consequences instead of saying it in hushed tones behind peoples backs."
(June 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: This person is an Authoritarian Personality. When he says "Does anyone actually SAY that in hatred anymore?", he really means "I want to be able to say that word in hatred in public without consequences instead of saying it in hushed tones behind peoples backs."

He has a habit of calling me woman. Ergh.
(June 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: This person is an Authoritarian Personality.

This person is of an idiot personality who thinks that, by blustering in an make belief anthoritarian manner, other people would overlook his overwhelming intellectual resemblence to a brain damaged chimp and accept him instead as merely a very inferior specimen of homo sapien.

(June 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Shell B Wrote: He has a habit of calling me woman. Ergh.

Make a habit of calling him "chimp" back.

(June 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(June 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: This person is an Authoritarian Personality. When he says "Does anyone actually SAY that in hatred anymore?", he really means "I want to be able to say that word in hatred in public without consequences instead of saying it in hushed tones behind peoples backs."

He has a habit of calling me woman. Ergh.

Of course, showing sexual prowess, while repressing actual sexual stances is what the authoritarian is all about. He considers his sex to be the dominant. Why? Because it is HIS sex. That is why he reminds you that you are not his sex.
(June 30, 2011 at 5:49 pm)Chuck Wrote: Make a habit of calling him "chimp" back.

Good idea. Big Grin

(June 30, 2011 at 5:53 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Of course, showing sexual prowess, while repressing actual sexual stances is what the authoritarian is all about. He considers his sex to be the dominant. Why? Because it is HIS sex. That is why he reminds you that you are not his sex.

Too bad he doesn't realize that he is on the low end of the totem pole in his sex, so superior or not, he would still be a fucking idiot.
(June 30, 2011 at 4:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: I hear a lot of stupid shit,

Everytime, that you sign a document that requires a date.. It testifies of the death of Jesus Christ.....

ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL Fine, he is dead. Do you want us to testify that he rotted as well?
(June 30, 2011 at 5:58 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(June 30, 2011 at 4:59 pm)Shell B Wrote: I hear a lot of stupid shit,

Everytime, that you sign a document that requires a date.. It testifies of the death of Jesus Christ.....

ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL Fine, he is dead. Do you want us to testify that he rotted as well?

Yup,that's beauty,if only for its ignorance.

'AD' stands for "Anno Domini" (the year of the lord)and is actually testament to the living Christ.

The best which has been actually said to me in recent years (last Christmas by a born againie) :

"There is more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for the existence of Julius Caesar"

My response?--"Let's start with the autopsy and will of Julius Caesar and work backwards-"--I then proceeded to see just how patronising I can be (very) Cool Shades

'Authoritarian'? isn't that a eupemism for 'bully'?