Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$50 worth of games for whatever price you want!
$50 worth of games for whatever price you want!
The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is out for the next 2 weeks only!

http://www.humblebundle.com

Get 5 indie games (worth $50 together) for whatever price you want to pay for them (even as little as $0.01). I highly recommend VVVVVV (version 2 of the game), which includes the original game as well as a level editor and lots of fan built levels.
RE: $50 worth of games for whatever price you want!
I got mine!

Also, if you only pay $.01 for this, you're just a bad person. Or very, very, very broke. Big Grin
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I'm the latter. Though technically I paid £0.01 so it's slightly more than $0.01 Tongue
Wait what? You saying I can buy five games for a penny? What's the catch?
There is no catch. The developers all obviously expect a bit more than 1 penny for their games, but at the end of the day, you are allowed to set the price. Of course, since these games are delivered to you via download, they can sell the games at any price and still make a reasonable profit, since no actual manufacturing has gone into them (i.e. no cds / dvds were made). It's one perk of the digital marketplace; you can make a product and simply copy and sell it as many times as you want without incurring a cost (save for the bandwidth costs, which are usually very low).

You can even split the amount you pay four ways, between the developers, the Electronic Freedom Foundation (EFF), the charity Child's Play, and a tip for the Humble Bundle organization that sets up the bundles.
(July 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'm the latter. Though technically I paid £0.01 so it's slightly more than $0.01 Tongue

You are too damn smart to be that damn broke.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 26, 2011 at 7:21 pm)Jaysyn Wrote:
(July 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I'm the latter. Though technically I paid £0.01 so it's slightly more than $0.01 Tongue
You are too damn smart to be that damn broke.
Thanks for the compliment. If only the UK job market thought the same thing. Unfortunately even summer interns who work at famous universities still only get paid pennies in comparison with actual work.
Will my PC run any of these? It's not high end at all and not meant for gaming. It's a shitty hp.

Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Unfortunately... this comes at the wrong time for me. Normally I'd give more like 100 dollars for 5 games of my choice on a deal like this.

But right now is before my budget has been formed. Alas, I cannot in good conscience do this.
(July 26, 2011 at 7:47 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Thanks for the compliment. If only the UK job market thought the same thing. Unfortunately even summer interns who work at famous universities still only get paid pennies in comparison with actual work.

You'll get an actual job soon enough and be rolling in money those quick-cashins could only dream of Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4c6PWtE9mI
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anything above 40 fps worth it? Jehanne 22 1920 September 12, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is Phaser worth learning? FlatAssembler 19 4570 September 6, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  I kinda want of these. downbeatplumb 7 1836 March 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious